Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Twin

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 10:53 AM
PatrickCurry
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Twin

Hey Jaav, what seems to be the problem with the HK LSD batteries?  I've been making battery packs out of both the AA and the AAA for all my receivers and haven't *seemed* to have a problem with them.  Maybe if you're just using one battery to power a glow plug they're squirrely on the voltage?  I like making 6V packs for less than 7 bucks as opposed to the Hydrimax packs I was buying for 25 bucks!  
Old 03-06-2011, 06:16 PM
jaav

Hi Patrick. I use the LSDs in my RX and TX and have had no problems..
I found that when trying to pull the high current out of them they fail.. I had 4 in parallel for the glow (1.2V) and found they were down to .8v in a min or 2..
The ones I use in the HK clip on glow driver, one still works after 2 weekends starting and the other is flat after 1 or 2 starts...

The Twin now has Energizer 2240 x5 and having no problems
Old 03-20-2011, 06:34 AM
jaav

The Twin is in retirement..The port engine keeps ripping it self off the pod. The mounting beam is split and is a big job to repair..
We're now building combats....Just going to saw the twin in half for to combat planes..
Old 03-20-2011, 05:46 PM
MrGreenSpeed

Every Spad has an expiration date.

Hope You start a Spad combat build thread .[8D]

Jeff
Old 11-21-2011, 04:14 AM
jaav

Hi guys. Well I never got to saw the bird in half as I made the combatts much lighter..Still use them.

I filled in the voids between the 2 engine bearers and fitted the TT91 4s. Went a little over board on the down thrust..Had to fight her all the way thinking it was some how way tail heavy. I killed the engine on the finals as I thought this was going to be messy and she was a perfect glider...
way too much down thrust...Didnt see it on the bench but could see it later at the beach.. I did this conversion over night and just missed the little details...
Oh well there is next weekend..