Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Advice on next S.P.A.D.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 03:35 PM
Roundout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on next S.P.A.D.

Hey all, still SPAD building here and I have a question regarding my next plane. Right now, I have plenty of 4 mm coro and a little PVC fuse. I've built three .40 size SPADs and am now considering a .25 size model to use in local club combat. My questions are, 1. can I use my 4 mm coro instead of the 2 mm and still expect to create a model that will fly decently (or at all) and 2. can anyone recommend a SPAD plan or profile that I could use? I can't find 2 mm and have never used it before, but, like I said, have never needed to with my .40 size planes. Am i crazy for even trying this?

Thank you all for your help.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:50 AM
riond

Default RE: Advice on next S.P.A.D.

The Dogfighter is a good combat plane BUT I think 2mm wing helps out for weight. I have a complete 4mm wing for a dogfighter but have a 32 size on it. It will fly well but it definitely works better with the 2mm. As the saying goes; build it and see what happens.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:54 AM
riond

Try give this guy a message for what you need.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1545243
Old 11-28-2011, 08:27 AM
Clean

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Dude in the uk folds triangular fuses, notches the doubled over section and sticks wood skewes into it to attach the engine to the fuse, tank and wing on top and radio gear in the center.  Strong, easy and if the other two sides of the triangle are a little off, doesn't affect the straightness or flying characteristics.  It's what my next fuses will be like.