Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

STTB site down

Anyone know why the spadtothebone site is down?
    ... I DO read the instructions ...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: STTB site down

Yes, it is.  If you need specific plans ask me OR visit the spadworld site and ask there where you might get faster response then waiting on me.  We are working on a solution that will put the plans on the SPADworld site so that as long as it is up both will be there. 
    Intentional landings WITH a PBF are not
    the intentional design OF the PBF

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This same question came up at RC/Groups and it seems that the owner of SPAD died last august. Now if you go to www.spadtothebone.net or www.spadtothebone.org. you can still access the site. Someone at RC/Groups is saving the info and what they are doing is over my head as for computer stuff but you can go to rc/groups to the SPAD page and read the whole thing.

I am thankful the info for SPADS is still available. I did build one spad plane and even though it weighed 6.25lbs and just had a TT GP 40 on it the dern thing flew very well. I crashed it a couple of times uncluding spinning it in from about 50 ft high and the repairs took less than half an hour.

It wasn't fast, didn't climb like a rocket but was just a good stable flying plane. Everyone should build at least one.

Sig Kadet Brotherhood #142. WooHoo!!!
    BUSA Brotherhood #69.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It wasn't fast, didn't climb like a rocket but was just a good stable flying plane.

Ahhhh, so it wasn't a Flipper then. 

Presently the original site is back up.  Frosty, who is also the man reporting on RCGroups and SPADworld.net got ahold of the site hoster and paid the bill so that the access was turned back on.  Unfortunately the GoDaddy registeration dies May 18th.  He is finishing getting the plans he doesn't have and then we will rehost it on a SPADworld.net page so that it will be active as long as the SPAD bbs is active.    Maybe we can also get a hiearchy setup so that if someone wants to quit or unfortunately dies there will be folks that can take over, it depends.  With cheap buy n flys available now the need for a decent flying, semi indestructable airplane keeps minimizing.  But I remember days of C class combat ships committing demolition derby style combat in the dusty Kansas skies of August.  Memories that rank right up with the births of my children and grand children. 

Good times.
    Intentional landings WITH a PBF are not
    the intentional design OF the PBF

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i's back up again
    erik58

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Clean I read most of the builds and sorta just combined two planes. It had the gutter spout fuse and the wing was built like a spad stik with 4mm on the bottom and 2mm on the top. I mad mine a tail dragger with a bolt on wing. I gave the plane to my flying buddy who needs a trainer to practice with. I have enough coroplast and gutter pipe to make at least 3 more planes. Plus a stock of yard sticks. I will be a little more careful with the weight next time too.

I started off with the single aileron servo but had flutter so I went to duel servos out in the wing. That fixed that problem. I also trimmed the wing and tail with black bands after it was test flown.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bz77664.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	1756460   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ni24726.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	1756461   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	In25906.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	1756462  
    Sig Kadet Brotherhood #142. WooHoo!!!
    BUSA Brotherhood #69.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The www.spadtothebone.net site should have all plans/pages in place except the plans for the GPS. I will have to hand jam the two html pages for that later.

The www.spadtothebone.net site will be the official site now. It is owned by Chris, who also owns www.spadworld.net
    One new thing it already has is the links to PDF files for the plans on the Plan Index page.

Kris. AKA frosty, AKA TheRealFrosty, AKA frostkg. I am checking if I can change my username here to TheRealFrosty...

edit: and my username is now changed, cool.
    Kris Frost
    AMA #855475