Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: CG of Sickle

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

CG of Sickle

Hey Ya'll,

Have moved a few times and can't find my paperwork, need the CG of a Sickle. Tried the search and must have looked through a hundred post but still can't find it. Can anyone help?

Oz

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: CG of Sickle

Oz, from the Spad to the bone site, Sickle instruction sheet "The CG should be approximately 1.5" to 1.75" aft of the leading edge. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MOVE THE CG AFT OF THIS POINT UNTIL YOU HAVE FLOWN THE PLANE AND KNOW HOW IT WILL REACT! THIS PLANE WILL BECOME VERY UNSTABLE IF THE CG IS MOVED BACK TOO FAR." I've built over 1/2 dozen Sickles and they all seem to fly differently. All powered with Thunder Tiger .46's. They are a ball to fly and fast as you want to fly.
    John

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: CG of Sickle

John,

Thanks for the info. I've had a couple of them before that I've flown, but as I said, I just can't find my paperwork to determine the CG. I've always flown mine with .25's and even then they were pretty fast, I can't imagine how fast they would be with a TT .46. Sounds interesting, might just give it a try with one. I'm guessing that you need to keep the speed up a little more on landing with the .46. Now that I think about it, I've always had to add weight to the motor mount using .25's to get them to balance, so with a .46 I could remove that weight so it might not be that different on landing. Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Oz