Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

New e-SPAD The Spor-Tee

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 05:25 PM
shv2sail
My Feedback: (42)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New e-SPAD The Spor-Tee

Thought I'd share my new e-SPAD creation. It started out as a SPAD 'Snow Bird', but ended up as you see in the pic (very different). This is my second SPAD after my e-Deb (great plane).

I wanted a sportier plane from my high wing trainers and I really liked the t-tail idea (I'm a Piper Tomahawk fan), so I kept the Snow Bird wing (this one is all 2mm coro, with 4mm control surfaces), modified the tail surfaces slightly in size and built a 'TLAR' fuse around them. The 'square' parts of the fuse are gutterpipe (with lightening holes), with carved foam for the 'curved' parts (turtle deck and wing fairing), then the whole fuse was covered in colored duct tape. The canopy is a 'generic' .40 size cut down and the cowl is a (cleaned out) sour cream container. There's a hatch built into the fuse just aft of the firewall to change battery packs without removing the wing.

Here are the specs:

Wing Span: 48"
Weight: 5lbs (approx)
Motor: Kyosho Endoplasma
Gearbox: GD-600 (4.6:1)
Prop: APC 12x8e
Motor Controller: Multiplex PicoDuo 400
Battery: 10 Cell RC-2400
Control: Hitec Flash 5x Tx, Hitec 555 Rx and (3) std servos

As of this writing it has not flown, so I'll have to report back when it has taken to the sky.

-Steve
shv2sail
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	53444_13230.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	33277  
Old 02-07-2003, 08:56 PM
MrGreenSpeed

Default New e-SPAD The Spor-Tee

That is a nice looking SPAD.
I like the "T" tail.
Hope it flys as good as it looks.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:35 PM
the.master.link

Default RE: New e-SPAD The Spor-Tee

Hi There, when are you going to give us all a flight report on the Sopr-Tee?Also, some better photos of it. MasterLink