Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design
Reload this Page >

1200 mm Coroflute FPV platform

Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

1200 mm Coroflute FPV platform

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 09:08 PM
nickatredbox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1200 mm Coroflute FPV platform

1200 mm Wing span280 mm cord14% Clark Y Plane Calcs Arduino Xbee Remote Control Motor test dataMaiden FlightThe RX codeThe TX Code

The scratch built remote Arduino Xbee very simple code, flys well and totaly customizable Gyro Stability Demowill try to take some FPV video next flight

Test VideoAUW 1521 Grams Wing loading 14.83 oz/ft² power to weight 270 Watts A Kg should perform much better than Yellow plane one.

Missing battery and camera box have a design which should weigh 140 grams empty.
The assembly shown below weighs 684 Grams no motor or electronics.
Electronics shown weigh 110 grams ESC Arduino board, Xbee, antenna and Gyro board
Motor & prop another 120 Grams

Electronicskiwitricopter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/11/building-arduino-receiver-yellow-boats.html
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EROBU5jMAWo[/youtube]

Maiden Flight[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iwdTw9S8-HI[/youtube]

MK1kiwitricopter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/11/it-flys-maiden-flight-of-yellow-plane.html

Mk2kiwitricopter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/12/yellow-plane-2-with-inverted-v-tail.html

[youtube]http://youtu.be/-LRjqKqUy8s[/youtube]

Yellow Boat
Old 12-19-2012, 04:23 PM
DESERT RATT
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: 1200 mm Coroflute FPV platform

That may be "very simple code" but its over my head. I can read and work with a Schematics but this is cool. I like your ideas and respect your knowledge.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:08 PM
nickatredbox

Thanks for the complement.

I suppose you are right about the code if your not code inclined it looks like nonsense If you are interested in coding Arduino is a good place to start lots of code on www

What I want to do is a programmable addon device like a Wii or KK baord that works along with a standard remote as they are so cheap and well proven. The Xbee's ar quite expensive
Old 12-20-2012, 10:08 PM
DESERT RATT
My Feedback: (7)

An I pod controlled Airplane... lol Well. They have the small helicopters that can do it.

Nick, With what you have there, What kind of range could you expect?

Anda question, Why did you go 12MM anstead the 4MM? You could have saved weight so the motor you have now would give you better performance? I'm sure the 4mm would work very well fot your use. 4 on the bottom of the wing and 2mm on the top. Have you checked out www.spadtothebone.net ? It has lots of plans for Spads.

It's going to be pretty neat watching this progress, Best of luck.

Ratt
Old 12-20-2012, 10:43 PM
nickatredbox

Hi,

The Coroflute as all around 4mm all over its around 5 grams a dm² I have never seen 12mm Coroflute?

The version 2 plane is here

AUW 1521 Grams Wing loading 14.83 oz/ft² power to weight 270 Watts A Kg should perform much better than Yellow plane one.
Missing battery and camera box have a design which should weigh 140 grams empty.
The assembly shown below weighs 684 Grams no motor or electronics.
Electronics shown weigh 110 grams ESCArduino board, Xbee, antenna andGyro board
Motor and prop another 120 Gram