Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

spad weight

Old 02-09-2019, 04:49 PM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

4 AA flat pack. Just from the dollar store. I smacked it up in the fall. Antennae wasn't up on the transmitter. Could have patched it but I have another similar one with a TTiger Pro .40 and a few others to try. It has to be a flat pack because the downspout is cut away for the wing, and it is kind of thin there. That is where it broke too. It is pretty heavey. At about 1/3 throttle it can fall out of the air. Full throttle goes pretty fast for me, it is a very small wing for a .40 and lands pretty hot. 39" x 11" wing and 4 lb. 7 oz.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:11 PM
Tom Nied

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

OK, found a $10 AA NIMH flat pack on Amazon. 2000 mAh. More than what I think is necessary, but the price was right.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:53 PM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Another old pic. I think that is the receiver in, not sure if the battery is in that pic. Don't think so. This is the thinner Canadian downspout. A bit more cramped.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:58 PM
Tom Nied

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

They like to break at the hole, don't they? My first Debonair crash broke the fuselage at the opening. Second fuselage I reinforced it between the wing hold down dowels with yardstick pieces epoxied spanning between them. Extra work, but it never broke there again. Now the wing.......
Old 02-12-2019, 03:23 PM
ETpilot

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Nied
They like to break at the hole, don't they? My first Debonair crash broke the fuselage at the opening. Second fuselage I reinforced it between the wing hold down dowels with yardstick pieces epoxied spanning between them. Extra work, but it never broke there again. Now the wing.......
‘I don’t like rubber bands, so I modded my Debonair for a bolt on wing. Four bolts hold it on. So much better for me.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:29 PM
ETpilot

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

This is just FWIW. I’ve been considering coroplast as a lightweight sheeting. I never got to experiment. However I needed an insulator material in a project and I used 2 small pieces of coroplast. They worked good for my needs but were too thick; 4mm. So I decided to cut the coroplast in two.

I had made a small Mickey Mouse foam cutting bow. Just put together, not glued and a bit flimsy. I added a wire heat regulator using my power supply. I cut 2 good sides out of one piece of Coro. I cut parallel to the flutes and it cut easy.

Now when I have time I need to practice with a wing size panel. Also try cutting perpendicular to the flutes. Maybe it might work for a wing.