Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

corro to a new level

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 07:31 AM
canadianice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default corro to a new level

I love Combat even more since I have discovered Corro. But the look was not always pleasing to the eye, Like most I started off with the simple designs and had great results as far as durability was concerned. Then one day after running out of spray paint I used house paint with not too much success. It came off the plastic I tried sanding it to help make it stick but the finish got worse [very rough] what to do? My friend Ted was using bristol board instead of balsa to sheet his foam wing so I thought why not, after all house paint sticks to paper and well you be the judge.[img][/img] As time went on I got better at copying the scale pannel lines. I start at the rear of the plane and work forward, use Spray 77 on both plane and card stock [your printer type 8.5X11] thankfuly the real planes didnt involve too many complex curves and you can reproduce very faithful panel lines with this method. After painting you rub with 120 grit sand paper and the edges of panel lines "weather "A little air brushing and you too can have one of these beauties Now I know a lot of you are going to say that's too much work for a combat plane but remember these are Corro and take a lot of abuse with little or no damage. My Spit is 6 months old an antique in the combat world and has numerous mid airs under her belt and still looks great, by the way it is one of the Spits from Mike Allen, mentioned in the artical in You won't belive its Corro thread. The Ta 152 is a new desin and proving to be very good at grabbing streamer here in the Great White North I hope I have inspired some to give it a try, its not that hard and the results are fantastic and you WONT BELIVE IT CORRO!!![img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56604.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	103685   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id97622.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	103686   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35809.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	103687   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95306.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	103688  
Old 02-22-2004, 05:55 PM
Zombie

Default RE: corro to a new level

Really nice looking planes, canadianice. Really nice!

If you've been flying your Spit for 6 months, I betting they must fly as well as they look.
Old 02-23-2004, 06:49 AM
rchawaii

The Ta 152 is a new desin and proving to be very good at grabbing streamer here in the Great White North I hope I have inspired some to give it a try, its not that hard and the results are fantastic and you WONT BELIVE IT CORRO!!!
In fact Petre Bachan made to my knowledge the first TA152 from RCCA. However that takes nothing away form yours - shes a beauty!!!!!!!! Congrats gotta love attention to detail!
Old 02-23-2004, 07:35 AM
canadianice

What I ment buy new design was it is new for me. And yes they fly terriffic the ta grabed 4 in 2 rounds yesterday not bad for her maid'n flight.
Old 02-23-2004, 07:52 AM
rchawaii

I meant nuthin by it, just providing information His was coro as well. Lemme see if I have the link....

http://spadworld.net/combat/bachan[1].zip to download his or go to this page.....

http://spadworld.net/combat/shreddy.html - Shreddy is Eddy Starling, a local (Hawaii) combat flyer and Secretary of Aloha State radio Control Club.
Old 02-23-2004, 10:58 AM
canadianice

Thanks for the link nevercan get enough info
Old 02-25-2004, 11:40 AM
3d-aholic
My Feedback: (7)

Where is the coro pilot....?

lol