Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Landing backwards

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 04:14 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Landing backwards

Ok I shouldn't have been flying. It was blowing 20-30 mph straight out of the north.But I had an out of town spectator that wanted to see something fly. The SPAD3D was a perfect choice.
I have flown backwards several times. The wind is always blowing here. I have landed the spad straight down several times and thats fun to see also. Yesterday was a first for me though. It landed going backwards. It even rolled out another 15'.
These things are the best therapy in the world. A grown man standing in a 30 mph wind grinning like a sh*t eating dog.

LOL David
Old 03-16-2004, 04:53 PM
jlguru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Landing backwards

Yup ... been there, done that ... on all counts including the sh**t eating grin!

Days like that also help the home life ... you come home in such a good mood almost nothing can spoil it.

Live long, and prosper
Jerry L. Gubka
Old 03-16-2004, 08:18 PM
DLSmith2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Landing backwards

Ditto on the best therapy in the world! If all the countries in the world would do combat the R/C way, with a streamer on their plane, there would be fewer wars, everyone would be happy, and the US would win all the trophies!!![8D]

I hear ya about the wind, too! Last week it was howling and I was the only one out with my Deb and DPS. It's the only time I can practice hovering with a Debonair! It was so windy here that out at the Phipps' place old man Phipps said one of his chickens laid the same egg twice! It was blowing so bad, that it blew his outhouse down and sent it tumbling across a pasture for a quarter mile or more. When it stopped tumbling and she was finally able to get out of it, well poor old Edna hasn't been the same...[X(]

Blue skies,

DL