Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

mpqrepurlekakbuoooodhran

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 08:36 PM
hexonxonx
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mpqrepurlekakbuoooodhran

i may have bitten off more than i can chew.at least thats the way i feel till i can discover a reservoir of confidence.im working on my own design inspired by a mugi.i say inspired from material use &delta shape thats all they have in common.the first coro i could find was 4mm many months later i found 2mm 2 hours drive from here only to find it more flexible than i had imagined.if anyone would please give there 2 cents on dimensional maximums for 2mm regarding span,width,weight.i have .080 carbon fiber to install in the flutes but its more flexible than i expected also . the past couple of days i have had to walk away to collect my self .i guess the worst part is i have nothing to fly for my fix while i beat my self up over this current undertaking.i could relax if i had all the parts even though im not ready for the impeller ,thats a totally different post.im glad were all out here though& red green show forever!
Old 06-30-2004, 08:00 AM
SST

Default RE: mpqrepurlekakbuoooodhran

I've used skewers and dowels to stiffen my wings on a B-70 looking coro canard pusher I'm building, and when you shoot some Polyurethane glue down the flute before shoving the stiffener through, it stabilizes both pieces when dry and expanded.

Been watching Red for years, and though I miss the original gang of idiots, the later shows are still great. Keep your stick on the ice!
Old 06-30-2004, 08:48 AM
hexonxonx

i start with a 69 inch span x 34.5 length but work it down to a 48 span x25.5 length.my first mistake was trying to use 2 sub c nimh
3000 mah to supply 30 amp @ 14v.i need 30amp cells and are reluctent to spend 50$ per pack.my charger is limited to 8 cells but i have 2 chargeers in 1(hobbico mkII)im also using 2 pfu`s that are normaly used w 10 cell packs so i figured 12 cells cant be all bad i know my motors wont last long.i am going to sell my 67 mercury cougar to pay for lipo`s,& brushless,probably a few extra recievers and servos also.i have started to weigh components and have figured i will end up with 2.5 -1 thrust to weight ....i dont think i will like that,but i know verticle=$$$.my flying area has alot of trees that i have to get above for clear flying.the batteries total weight 26OZ
but i should have close to 1000 sq of wing area.im sure 20c 2100mah lipoly w/ brushless will give me what i need in performance.
and on a final note i would like to declare we are stepping into the age of throw away planes,how do you justify 400+$ in 30$ worth of foam or pastic?the elaectronics are the investment THEY ARE COMPLETLY VERSITILE.most batteries and motors,servos&recievers will work in 100`s of planes out there once you have quality equipment the planes to fly are cheap and look good.

and remember were all in this together.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:41 PM
Spastic

WHAT?????????????????????????
did you ever hear if KISS and i don't meant the band

this mugi starts out at 32" i built a bunch of for sale and some people are using the mega 4 turn with almost unlimited vertical
at 48" you will need a spar, more than just in the flutes stuff, even this one when pulling G's, it wants to tuck out when stuff starts to flex at about 90mph, can be scary lots of picks and plans on my site
Old 07-01-2004, 07:33 AM
hexonxonx

the only kiss i know of is -noun/the band....verb/what got me my wife & kids.the main objective is to use 2 ducted fan units, im trying
to make something i havent seen done yet.2pfu`s draw 30 amps i will be running the fans in parallel to the esc.i would like to say more but i am a bit reserved about my intensions im afraid some one will like my idea and build it faster than i can,and want the credit for this ship DABLE NABIT! i must get lighter batteries,then brushless.

spastic how did manufacturing and selling work out for you,is it something your curently doing?
Old 07-01-2004, 08:00 AM
Spastic

the selling went well but the life span of a design is short, people want something new every season, now i'm pushing profile planes, 3D baby!!
Good luck on the ducted fan Mugi-like-thing...
on 12 cells only 30 amps? in parallel..what motors?
Old 07-01-2004, 06:44 PM
hexonxonx

stock speed400 once i burn those up i have replacement nighthawk 480`s from dymond.the graph on the pfu box say 1amp less per volt (12v=11a)so im guesing 14v=13a. they are watt-age fans that hobby people were selling for about 25$ so i got two looked like fun.on a static run up @12v an impeller let go,,,,,,tha``WAAKK....that was almost 4 months ago but thats another topic in electric jets forum. watt-age is suggesting 10cell packs for their half dozen edf planes so i figured 2 more cells wouldnt be the end of the world.
say you wouldnt be in the market for a 67 cougar would ya, looks like the one in dusk till dawn. i always do this to my self ,what i want nobody makes so i figure ill have to do it my self , a lesson i thought i learned when i went through the hundreds of dollars to put an o.s. 40 4 stroke in a pirate 10. i love building when i have the resources tobuild with.i really thought i would have this project done by now but without the impeller i cant go much further.unless the people @ HOBBY PEOPLE screw up again i should have my part fri or sat or mon or tue or................................................ .................................................. ..................................................
Old 07-01-2004, 09:46 PM
Spastic

Oh, keep us posted.......
ive been testing an axi 2808-24 for a friend and man that thing is awesome! on 3 lipos it's spinning a 11x4.7 at 7000 rpms and about 3lbs of static thrusts, its scary to run, i built a new super strong test stand and i'm still waiting for something to come apart, it cracked the first one, to flexy and at a weird harmonic it broke the ply mount
i think it needs a 10x4 though the 11 is too much amps
the problem with ducted fans is always thrust until they pick up speed, you may need a launch catapult
Old 07-02-2004, 12:17 PM
hexonxonx

i thought i might need launch assist,something better than arm.after i get this spad done i would like to get a ka models evolution 400,
run an outrunner with lipo`s and folding prop plus one of those trick turbo spinners from hobby lobby.i expect effortless verticle on 3 pollys .im building this spad as a resume for whoever is interested . I WANT IN.