Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

80" Focke Wulf TA-152H

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 06:34 AM
dimadee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 80" Focke Wulf TA-152H

Hi All,

Thought I would show off my latest SPAD machine. It is a 2 metre Focke Wulf TA-152H PSS. I haven't had a chance to fly it yet, but it is a SPAD - it will be fine!!

My friend and I built 1 each over the winter here in Australia. I will try and get a couple of pics of his and post them too.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50806.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	180077   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je10810.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	180078   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej14363.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	180079  
Old 10-06-2004, 06:42 AM
Kraut
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: 80" Focke Wulf TA-152H

That is beautiful!!!! What an amazing job! Good luck with the test flight!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
Old 10-07-2004, 07:02 PM
dimadee

Here are the pics of my friends TA-152H as promised. He is a Graphic Artist, so he has put them up against backgrounds that make them look like the real thing!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47678.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	270.3 KB
ID:	180597   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk29446.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	265.6 KB
ID:	180598   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38242.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	319.7 KB
ID:	180599  
Old 10-07-2004, 10:06 PM
DLSmith2

Dimadee,

Excellent! It's almost too pretty to fly! What size engine? Did you make it for scale combat or fun fly?

Looking forward to the flight report.

Blue skies,

DL
Old 10-08-2004, 06:05 AM
dimadee

Hi DL,

They are PSS (Slope Soarers) - no motors, just lift!

regards

Dimadee
Old 10-23-2004, 03:37 PM
K_Tar

hi there all,

Dear Dimadee, very interested.

This is the most detailed TA 152 i saw i mean in spad its diffecult but not impossible. I just cant believe my esyes a spaaaad like that. how much does it weigh ?

This is the most beautiful thing i ever saw. since i am a sloper too and looking for good kits lately been a hard task. i wonder if u ever tryed a foamie ??

any way i am a spader by origin, but when introduced to slope it was foamies allways.

now this is great coz the TA 152 is my most beloved WW II bird after the P51.

i understand that u built that plane from scratch.

i would highlly appreciate any plans, resources etc.

what did u use to paint or did u cover it with ultra ?

Cheers

i am looking for online magazines that have quality slope and slpe combat pages. plz

regards,

Ktar
Old 10-27-2004, 01:34 AM
mikenlapaz

Very nice congradulations.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:12 PM
dimadee

Hi K Tar,

Apologies for the slow reply.

With regards to a foamie, I have an PSS Dewoitine D520 made from EPP posted here:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_22...tm.htm#2230541

The Dewoitione flys absolutely fantastic (really fast!!) - I can highly recommend the Canterbury Sailplanes kits to anyone looking for a good sloper.

Anyway, back to the Focke Wulf, I searched the web and found some plans for a balsa TA-152H power plane. From the plans, we cut the formers out of 4mm plywood, and then marked their position on a full piece of 3mm coro, and rolled the coro around the formers, using contact adhesive to hold it together (let it dry first so it sticks instantly). For the circular nose area you will need to cut every inside flute to allow it to roll around the circular front section. The front 100mm (cowling area) is a piece of EPP that has been sanded to shape and covered with tape - the spinner has a bolt in it that screws through the EPP and into what would be the firewall in a power plane and helps the glue hold the nose on. The wing for one of the planes is your typical flat-ish bottom with a bit of camber at the trailing edge spad section, while the other was made as a semi-symmetrical section to see how much difference it will make in speed and performance.

For paint, I used anti rust enamel paint. You can buy this at most hardware stores, an although it is a bit more expensive than the normal enamel, it sticks like crazy. For paint preparation I simply run over it with fine sandpaper to break up the gloss, and then wipe it over with acetone. Once dry, you have a nice oil free surface to paint. The paint will take up to 24 hours to dry, but if you are patient and let it sit, it will give you a super tough exterior. The camouflage was painted straight from the can!

We have not flown these 2 planes together yet so I cannot report if there is any noticeable advantage with either wing section. Every time I have taken mine out to fly, it has rained, but I will not give up!

I hope this helps

Dimadee
Old 12-15-2011, 08:22 AM
cosmogod

Default RE: 80

ORIGINAL: dimadee

Hi All,

Thought I would show off my latest SPAD machine. It is a 2 metre Focke Wulf TA-152H PSS. I haven't had a chance to fly it yet, but it is a SPAD - it will be fine!!

My friend and I built 1 each over the winter here in Australia. I will try and get a couple of pics of his and post them too.

Awesome !! Can you please give me some instructions ?? Wingspan and details.. what materials were used , online plans??

Thanks,
cosmo.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:49 PM
SPADinfluence
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: 80

This thread is worthless without plans LOL! They look great!