Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

SQUARE PVC IDEAs

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 09:25 PM
RC-Captain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SQUARE PVC IDEAs

Lets see it , if you don't have a cam then describe it please .........
Old 04-09-2005, 08:35 PM
rccrasher1967

found picture on Lowes web site .its kinda flimsy but with fire wall and maby another former it would be stiff enough
Attached Images  
Old 04-09-2005, 10:43 PM
I.C.O.N.
My Feedback: (1)

That stuff is the flimsy kind.

what you want is the PVC downspout like this

http://doitbest.com/shop/product.asp...292&sku=105736

at least I think so. I have punched this stuff pretty hard and not cracked it.
Old 04-09-2005, 11:06 PM
RC-Captain

You can use that but you will have to make joiners for the fuse. I can get tons of that but I willing to bet my last dollar Lowes will order what you want. I will PM you with the stores email where I found it and just ask them if the can ship you 2 1/2 inch drain leader cut at 40 inches.

I hope you can find it , it's the best material to use for the fuse. I am building as I type , all cuts are done and I should have the joker in the air by tomorrow.

Good Luck.

P.S. I wasn't satisfied until I could find a place to buy it at will, So keep looking , check all hardware stores you come across. The three names for it is DOWNSPOUT,SQUARE PVC,DRAIN LEADER. Go figure I probably could have been had it but was calling it the wrong name.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:38 AM
Madd_Maxx

rccrasher1967:

I found some 3x3 fluted downspout at menards the last time I was in there looking for the canadian smooth pvc. It seems quite a bit stronger than the 2x3 fluted stuff that you found at lowes....gotta try the stuff out on the next spad I'm going to build.

It looks like this:

Even though it's fluted you can still get a firewall cut to fit...just takes a little more effort is all.

Hopefully I can get started on another spad in the next few weeks. It seemed to take forever to finish up the spadstick I was working on over the winter....to many hours at work + way to many things going on at home = no spad building time for me.

Well here's a pick of the finished spadstick that I'm hoping to maiden today as the weather finally broke and it looks way to nice outside to sit at home.

All finished but naked:

Now for some graphics:

Madd_Maxx