Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Where Can I Buy An Aluminum U Channel?

What is the best store with the best prices?
    There are no such things as experts of RC Aircraft, if you are and expert you need to get a new hobby!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Where Can I Buy An Aluminum U Channel?

Tyler,

It depends on the area and local stores. Lowe's has it in their barstock steel and aluminum section, like many major hardware stores like Home Depot, Sutherland's, etc. A smaller True Value might have it cheaper (or more expensive if they have to order it). I would suggest shopping around, at Lowe's first, and then shop around for comparison to that price.

Blue skies,

DL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

In Kentucky try Tractor Supply. There is also another farm/ranch supply franchise whose name escapes me at the moment. try a farm/ranch supply search.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have only found it in Lowes also. Home Depot here in Abilene, TX. does not carry it. Just my two cents.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My company, American Posts, LLC out of Toledo, Ohio manufacturers these steel posts that many of you refer to. We currently sell our posts to Home Depot, Menards, Ace Hardware and Fastenal. The owns sold at Lowe's are made in china, we are the ONLY US manufacturer of steel fenceposts for the consumer marketplace!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have found it in Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace, True Value, and all of the independant hardware stores that I have checked. The pricing didn't vary by more than $1 or so for a 6' stick. I think I paid around $8-9 for both the 1" angle and the 3/4"x1/2" channel.

The reason I visited all of these stores was because I was looking for square PVC downspout, which nobody seems to carry in this area. I am wondering if it is a building code thing.

Anyway, I have built my first two SPADs using aluminum angle and channel, and they have worked out great.

Good luck.