Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Newbie to spads here??

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2003, 09:27 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Newbie to spads here??

I won/got? a pbf on ebay, I told them it was for a .15 enya and regular radio, so they would send a kit with a sliding tray, but it is 24" x 24",, isnt that gonna be a bit large for a .15?, and oh bye the way...they are on ebay all the time in Kentucky I think ,,not a plug really ,, but it looks to be a very complete kit for $20....Rog
Old 01-12-2003, 09:40 AM
flyinrog

well I see the guy who said "get off your arses" was legitimate all I asked was a simple question and 20 people looked but no reply? guess I'll go back to 1/2a and parkflyers, or heli's for my LMH , maybe I'll waste my servos on a pbf after I crash them..Rog
Old 01-12-2003, 12:11 PM
Tattoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say that the .15 will keep it airborne, but it will be working it's tail off...there's really only one way to find out...and that's try it! I'm flying a 20 x 24 pizza box with a .15 and it flies great, but the .15 really isn't strong enough to hover and do the fun stuff the PBF's are famous for.
Old 01-12-2003, 02:56 PM
ChrisSpad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd say give it a try as it is, and see. Depending on the gear, it could be enough, and it might not be.
Unfortunately, cutting it down won't save that much weight. It'd save some i guess, say you went to a 20x20, that would save 3 oz, which isn't alot.
Especially for a foot and a quarter of wing area that you lose. Due to the nature and weight of coro, sometimes its not feasible to get the same performance out of any size of plane, like you can with balsa.
I'd try it with the 15 and see how it does, if it doesn't have enough oomph, sell the 15 and get a good 25 or 28 for it (or even a plain bearing 40).
Old 01-20-2003, 07:53 PM
flyinrog

ummm I traded the .40 for the .15 and I was reading where another guy ran a .74 Norvel on a 18 x 18 pbf, have too many projects to buy any more engines... but there is a BARKS swapmeet here this saturday.1-25-03 if you can hear this message come on down......btw is enya .15 a particularly hungry little beast.. when I bench tested it it went through like an oz a minute......Rog