Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Return of TopDawg

Old 08-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Clean

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Return of TopDawg

Just an inverted BullDawg that I had several years ago that for some reason had control problems. I took a while before I realized in the first version that I had mounted my servos in the fuselage and that when the wing flexed in flight it was locking up the ailerons. So I put them out center span in the wings. This is actually the Third version of this plane that I've had as my first one was in reality my BullDawg (named RocketDawg for the rocket booster I had in the tail) that I had taken apart and put back together upside down. It's just easier for me to launch overhand and I liked the look of the single central fin.

Anyways, power is GMS47 and it weighs 3 pounds 11 ounces. It should get down the road pretty quick.

Old 08-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Clean

Default RE: Return of TopDawg

Weeeelllll, that was a little bit like flying a potato chip in a hurricane. A straight edge will probably tell the whole story BUT it's not really necesary. The wing is warped and flys like it.

Maybe I'll build another wing, maybe I'll just work on a different airplane. The plane LOOKS slick and despite the warp, it landed pretty nice.

Well, they can't all be winners.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:55 PM
OzMo
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey Clean,
Waz up? You suckin up all the cool in Mo again? Its HOT in the SW corner!
Refreshing to hear anyone say OOPs when one doesn't work out, thanks.

Any good tips on doing Spadstick fuse back ends. Been having a fit with that part.
Mine are coming out a bit floppy, tough to keep straight.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:21 AM
Clean

I'll look in the thread you've posted. Cool coming this weekend, supposedly. Will be a nice change.