Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Rc car engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Brother_Dust

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rc car engine

Hey all, i was looking around in a box of old rc car parts and I found an engine. I was wondering if I could find a prop shaft adapter os I can use this engine for one of my planes. Thanks
Kyle
Old 04-08-2007, 02:50 PM
Flying freak

Default RE: Rc car engine

You will probably have better luck posting this in another section of rcu im quite baffled as top why the spad section , there is a glow engine forum and a question and answere section here on rcu.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:47 PM
MrGreenSpeed

Depending on what type of Eng it is, You might be better off selling it and use the money You get to help buy a good airplane engine.
Jeff
Old 04-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Brother_Dust

I built a Friday Night Special yesterday and I want to put a car engine into it.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:53 PM
Brother_Dust

Could I just get a prop shaft adapter for one of those big brushless motors and use that?
Old 04-09-2007, 07:59 AM
acam37
My Feedback: (16)

Save yourself a lot of misery and get a plane engine. If you start trying to rig prop adapters you are asking for trouble. Electric stuff is not designed to handle the stresses and high RPM's of a glow engine. It could fail and really hurt you or someone else if the prop were to come off. A good .40 size glow engine is not that expensive. Good luck
Old 04-26-2007, 08:17 AM
taker
My Feedback: (1)

Send me a picture of the engine. I have a couple of good .40 size airplane motors.
If the engne is something I can use I would be willing to trade for one of them
Let me know
Old 04-27-2007, 11:22 AM
FantzyPantz

Dude, Do not put an electric adapter from a brushless motor on a glow car engine. Are you trying to put a brushless truck motor on the plane? What size is it, and what is the Kv rating? I think most of us are reading this and figure you are trying to put a car GLOW engine on the plane, and that's and idiotic idea. If it's a brushless motor, and is good for torque, and not too many rpms you might have something to put on your plane....