Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Thanks

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2003, 10:42 PM
thudriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

I want to thank Tattoo, Kraut, Chris, Swede and all the rest of the Spadonians. I have only been flying R/C for 6 months, having a great time. I Discovered Spads about 3 months ago and have spent hours and hours reading all the links and I am fasinated by the creativity of all of you! I built a pizzabox out of 6 mm . It was a tail dragger and I could never get it to go straight long enough to take of! I got mad and now it is tricycle gear! I will try it Monday. Got a good place to get coro here in Phoenix. I have 2,4,6 mm and they will dropship 2mm if you want. I has to be cutinto 2'by4' to ship. Thanks again Guys
Old 03-03-2003, 01:09 AM
Woodsy

Default Thanks

Welcome to the world of SPAD, i'm glad we could be of asistance.

If your PBF has a rudder just practice taxiing around at low RPM controling where it goes, use a couple of rocks and do figure 8's.

as you feed in the RPM tou need to add ruder to counteract the motor torque, it also helps if you have the LG toed in a bit
Old 03-03-2003, 03:31 AM
thudriver

Default Thanks

Ha You have no idea how that sucker would spin! either direction . Think I might not have put in any toein. In any case,thanks for the advice, looking forward to doing it the easy way with nosewheel steering! Ken