Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

$100 for coroplast?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 02:44 AM
Minnreefer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default $100 for coroplast?

I am new to spad, I have done some research, not enough but some. I have seen the links to buy some online but I started calling some sign stores for prices. I got a quote for $100.00 for a sheet to $30, to $24 for some 3 mill.
Are these prices high?

Does anyone know of a good source in the Minneapolis area?

Thanks

Jon
Old 03-08-2003, 03:06 AM
cxmax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Save yourself a lot of aggravation.Call Harbor Sales. Buying coro from them is as easy as you can imagine. The price is right and the service is great. You can find a link for Harbor Sales at www.Spadtothebone.com
Old 03-08-2003, 04:09 AM
ChrisSpad

either there or Regal plastics. Both are listed in the tips and hints and suppliers page at the page listed above. If you buy from a sign company, you need to convince them you aren't trying to make signs out of it. Otherwise, they are gonan charge an arm and a leg for it. you can also go to www.coroplast.com and see who the local suppliers are there.
Old 03-08-2003, 05:26 AM
Kripto

if you need corr I will send you some... for cost $9.00 a shet plus shipping
Old 03-08-2003, 07:35 AM
iankraus

They are taking you for a ride.
Use the spad links earlier in this post. Spads rock!!!

btw. Your tanks are cool.
I just moved house and transplanted 3 large cichlid tanks to various friends places... heartbreaking...
Old 03-08-2003, 02:30 PM
pinball-RCU

A lot of sign stores just aren't good sources. They are not interested in selling supplies, they are in business to sell signs . If you go to them asking for supplies, they just make up a number big enough that it's worth it for them to go way outside their business model. Sometimes you can bargain them down, but usually they are just not into the supplies business. I'm sure deep down they are thinking, "What if someone comes in for a sign, and we don't have the supplies?"

But there is a GREAT use for sign stores: Free vinyl scraps! I just finished stickering my first plane after the big scrap score, and what fun it is to have unlimited supply of all different colors!

For coro, I use Harbor. You'll be surprised how fast it comes, and the boxes are great for storing the coro. My advice: Call them (rather than using the web site). On the phone they will walk you through the whole process, so you get the size and flute direction you need.
Old 03-08-2003, 02:42 PM
Minnreefer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the replies. I thought that I could get it locally for about the same price as online with shiping.

Thanks for the nice comment about my web site, I knwo how hard it is to get rid of fish. We have 3 100+ size salt water tanks going right now and should probably get rid of 1 or 2 but it is like this hobby, you never want to get rid of stuff.

Thanks for everything

Jon
Old 03-09-2003, 05:39 PM
jwv3
My Feedback: (1)

So what is the average shipping costs for say a half a dozen sheets of 3'x4' coro? I found a local sign shop that will sell me a 4'x8' sheet for $16.00. I figured it would be nice to have a pice longer than 4 foot on occasion.
Old 03-10-2003, 02:03 AM
Redflier

Minnreefer, Try this website,they do have a location in Minneapolis, I have used their location locally, last year they were $8.00 for 4x8, they also handle HDPE for firewall and motor mounts.

www.lairdplastics.com
Old 03-12-2003, 01:38 AM
hoverit-RCU

got my 4x8 sheet for 12 bucks here in indiana. one place said 99 i hung up on him.