Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design
Reload this Page >

my 1st SPAD and dam proud of it

Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

my 1st SPAD and dam proud of it

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 04:36 AM
Kripto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my 1st SPAD and dam proud of it

Here she is.... My first SPAD and my first R/C plane. I cant thank all of you enough for all the help and support on my first plane. I did buy an RCM (balsa) 40 jobber but have only flone it once (due to lack of help) I have asked if there any SPAD ppl in the club and got a dirty look from the local LHS guy (he said no). Is there a really big problem with the balsa boys vs spad? If so then I am on my own cuz SPAD rules and balsa drewls...

happy spadder
Ed
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	61198_27893.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	37692  
Old 03-08-2003, 04:44 AM
Kripto

pic 2

Name:	61199_27893.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	37693  
Old 03-08-2003, 04:52 AM
Kripto

pic 3

Name:	61200_27893.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	37694  
Old 03-08-2003, 05:33 AM
tileflyer
My Feedback: (9)

Great looking bird,I got one of those spadet's.I use it to train my son and a couple of others.
Old 03-08-2003, 01:20 PM
troyp

I cant understand why LHS owners are so against SPADS. Okay so they are worried that they will lose a sale on a plane, but what they don't realize is that SPADS open up the hobby to many more people that couldn't afford to buy a plane in the first place. These people will be buying all their other equipment from the LHs anyway.
Old 03-08-2003, 08:03 PM
Captain351

I think the problem is more basic than that.

SPADS are NEW for some people (especially those over 60) NEW is BAD!

I'm sure I made friends with that comment :-) .
Old 03-08-2003, 08:26 PM
Tattoo

That is one good looking airplane!!! You are certianly a craftsman! BTW, don't worry about the Spad vs. Balsa bunch of crap...the naysayers are a dying breed. It's usually the worst when you are the first one in your area to show up with a Spad...but once it flies...it's all over, and more Spads will start showing up. Sure...if the Hobby store owner is that stupid to be negitive about Spads...it's his own shortsighted un-thought out ignorant problem. Spads breed...and Spad builders multiply...and everysingle one of them needs an engine and radio etc...now...if I was building a Spad, and there was a growing numbers of Spadders in my area...and the LHS dude was being a real ***** about it...would we go there?...Ha! We'd go right here on the forum and find out where the best mail order places are...BTW, when I was flying Balsa the most planes I had at one time was two flyers and one on the table. Now I have 20 fully equipped flyers, 23 engines, 9 radios, and 20 flight packs. I've been willing to purchase much of it from our LHS for more than the what I could get it for mail order. Why? Because our LHS guy supports us, even has some Spad pics in the store, tells people about the web site...and then smiles because he knows they will be back for another radio, engine, or flight pack...wheels...fuel tanks...music wire...fuel fuel and more fuel...glow plugs...props props and more props...etc...etc...etc...
Old 03-08-2003, 09:32 PM
Kripto

hmmmm a friend of mine in NY gave me a Quadra 42..... Now what can I do with that???? second bird on the way and the first is not even been tryed yet. Got to love Spad.

Ed
Old 03-10-2003, 08:33 AM
Spicoli

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was the first to show up at my club with a Spad and got some funny looks.After its first flight, everyone got interested real fast.By the next weekend there were 5 more spads and now nearly everyone in the club has one.
Old 03-10-2003, 03:44 PM
rcav8or
My Feedback: (5)

Default whoooowiieeee!

Nice looking plane! That's what's great about the SPAD's, a relative newcomer, by taking some time, can have great results!!

Two years ago, I showed up at the club field with a couple spads...almost shunned! I only go there a few times a year, have a better/closer field nearby. I guess over the winter, EVERYone in the club had to have a spad combat...

The LHS should realize, that they may sell one person one kit, one engine, on radio, but once someone get's involved in the spads, they may sell that person 5 engines, and 5 flight kits!! Seeing as there's not too big of a markup on kits, the LHS is miles ahead, by supporting the SPAD's...But, as was pointed out, the SPAD's go "against tradition"...

I fly everything, buy SPAD's will ALWAYS be in my hanger!!

Again, great job!

R
Old 03-10-2003, 05:06 PM
DutcheR

eej dude looks nice is this the spadet oid ? i want to build one to can you email me the specifications wich engine you used control enz and how much that costst?

Email: [email protected]

[email protected]

thnx m8!
Old 03-11-2003, 02:55 PM
Crash Master

DutcheR . . .

You'll find the plans and specifications here for the .40-.46 Spadet.

It's a sharp-looking plane and should be fun to build and fly.

Good luck,