Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Best prop

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 04:00 AM
gchild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best prop

Just finished my PBF today. A couple of my friends have them allready and they say they are are a blast but you end up going through tons of props. I beleive they are using Master airscrew and APC 10x4 on .40 size engines. I read a article on these things and the guy recommended Grish or Kavan props as they are more flexible and don't break as much. Is this true?

Here APC and MAS are the most common props.

Geoff
Old 03-24-2003, 04:29 AM
ChrisSpad

Default Best prop

If you read an article on it, i suspect it was by Dave McDonald, who is the pbf guru, and yep, its true. Apc and MAS are the most common here as well. A very light set of wire landing gear will save props as well.
Old 03-24-2003, 08:13 AM
Woodsy

Default Best prop

yep, flexy is good on a PBF due to all the dirt naps, i would have thougt an 11x4 would be a beter choice for a 40
Old 03-24-2003, 11:29 PM
cselm
My Feedback: (17)

Default Best prop

MAS 10x4 work great, and 11x4 are pretty good too. Don't use APC as they will break too easily. I recently started using Graupner 10x3's and I think they're great.
-Chris
Old 03-25-2003, 02:21 AM
Just Plane Nuts

Default Best prop

Try the Kavan softprop from Hobby Lobby They are designed to be used on trainers.