Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

A Plan for a Barracuda

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 10:59 AM
K_Tar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Plan for a Barracuda

hello SPAD's
i would love to built a barracuda airplane from coroplast but the thing is i need a plan and would appreciate any advice. its a low wing flyer i know how to make upwing planes never tried a down wing one

its a great sport aerobatic plane click to see the plane plz
thnx Barracuda
Old 03-24-2003, 08:46 PM
Woodsy

Welcome to the world of SPAD, i love it when we get some one from a new location, the 'cuda looks like a good SPAD project, for a low wing basicaly there are 2 ways.
1 build the wing and fuzz as normal, then make a template the from the wing and cut away the fuzz to the right shape, then reinforce the fuzz around the wing "hole".
2 make as per normal, then cut the top wing panel away the same size as the fuzz, then cut the fuzz to suit the wing spar, reinforce around the spar cut out and add a coro/skewer doubler to the underside of the wing.

have a look at www.spadtothebone.com under SPAD originals, there are a few low wingers there like the corostang.

good luck, and if the "cuda flies good you owe us plans for te web site
Old 03-25-2003, 09:42 AM
K_Tar

thnx alot pal that was really incouraging,
i've seen all the planes in the SPAD plans they r awsome and i think i'll make this cuda soon but not before i finish my project on a modified BUHOR that i'm sure will surprise all flyers here
i mean they all here in this part of the world fly ready planes
what u think they'll response to a well built plane by me ?
wish me good luck and thnx again.