Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

PBF

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 10:02 PM
wahoo
My Feedback: (59)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PBF

Hello all,

I have an old enya .15 laying around and was looking at the plans on STTB. I have built a few spads and after reading and watching all the vids on the PBF I figured the mini PBF would be perfect for the 15.

Now here's my question... Why does the full size PBF use elevons and rudder where the mini uses ailerons and elevator ?

Sorry if this has been asked before,
John
Old 02-29-2008, 10:33 PM
OzMo
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: PBF

wahoo,
The mini PBF can also have rudder. I suspect it was left off for weight reduction. check out the scratch building forum for free plans for a bunch of .15 size stuff. I recomend any of the small ugly sticks. but there are a bunch!
Old 03-13-2008, 10:31 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I don't think you can build a .15 powered PBF out of coroplast and expect "big league" results.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:28 AM
mclina

I'm just guessing, but I think the Mini PBF used ailerons & elevator instead of elevons, just so that it could fly with a standard radio, without elevon mixing. I think they mention that in the build.

If the Mini PBF doesn't work out, try a Gnat. It's probably easier to build, and it's a fun indestructible flyer.

Good luck
Old 03-14-2008, 09:36 AM
MrGreenSpeed

he mini PBF is built like the Ciggy Pack with a pvc fuse and an air foil, You can use ailerons and elev if You don't have a computer radio or elevons will save the weight of one servo or use the extra servo on the rudder.
The air foil makes it handle high speed flight and like the plans say it's a unconventional sport plane that is a lot of fun to fly.

Jeff