Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Painting Coro-plast

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 07:40 AM
JCaste

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painting Coro-plast

HI SPADers,
I've recently built my PQHOR (P means P-51, of course ), but I could only get white cloroplast, so I need to paint it silver gray. What kid of paint should I use? Is spray paint ok for the job?
Any vernish after the paint (I 'd want to keep the weight down!)
EEr, and finally I think Ill put my .40 FX on it rather than the .25 PRO ( it seems a bit underpowered for 3D). I'll post a few pics of the P-51QHOR when I've them!
Old 05-04-2003, 09:17 PM
Woodsy

Yep most spray paints are fine, you need to prep the coro buy sanding and/or cleaning with solvent. i've used spray enamel, spray auto paint, spray water based PU paint and all have worked fine.
Old 05-05-2003, 12:51 PM
Crash Master

I paint mine with Rustolem. I use the primary colors only and they seem to be pretty much fuel proof up to the 10% Wildcat that I use.

As Woodsy suggests, you got to make sure that the coro is done completely to accept the paint. If you don't get rid of ALL the oils in the material, the paint(s) will peel off in droves. I usually give mine a light shot of automotive primer before painting.

Good luck,
Old 05-05-2003, 07:12 PM
Captain351

I saw an ad for a new Krylon Paint made specially for plastics. I haven't tried it yet but if someone has please reply.