Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Northwest SPADfest date?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 05:20 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Northwest SPADfest date?

Well it's official, we'll be hosting this year's Northwest SPADfest at the RAMS field in Sumner, WA! I'd like to pick a date that most people are able to make. We have the month of August free, but since I'm an IMAC nut I don't want to hold it on the same weekend as a contest. This leaves us with the choice of three different weekends. The results of this poll will help me determine when to schedule the event!
Old 05-11-2003, 05:24 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Please dont make it the 23-24, Jets Over Whidbey is that weekend and Ill be staying there for that weekend.. Any of the other two are open to me though!!!!
Old 05-12-2003, 05:36 PM
IflyHigh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SpadFest or SpadFlyIn

I think SpadFest only comes once a year!
And this year it's in Memphis, as a matter of fact this week .
When SpadFest was just a dream it was voted on by our fellow Spadonians.
SpadFest 2004 location has not been voted on yet.
We "The Millington Barnstormer's" I think are going to make it a yearly thing but it will not be SpadFest it's just going to be a spad fly in.
I am sure you will have a big turnout tho.
SpadFest.com will be handed over to the winning club next year.
So you guys start thinking about where you want it next year.
Read this http://www.rccombat.com/forum_2000/t...Terms=spadfest
Jeffrey
wind,,,What wind??? Have pipe WILL TOSS !!
Old 05-12-2003, 06:14 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: SpadFest or SpadFlyIn

Originally posted by IflyHigh
I think SpadFest only comes once a year!
And this year it's in Memphis, as a matter of fact this week .
We "The Millington Barnstormer's" I think are going to make it a yearly thing but it will not be SpadFest it's just going to be a spad fly in.
I am sure you will have a big turnout tho.
SpadFest.com will be handed over to the winning club next year.
So you guys start thinking about where you want it next year.
Read this http://www.rccombat.com/forum_2000/t...Terms=spadfest
Jeffrey
wind,,,What wind??? Have pipe WILL TOSS !!
Dang, I didn't know SPAD freaks were so, um, exclusive. I wouldn't expect to see this kind of attitude from a normally fun bunch of pilots. If you want to have fun, you can just come on out and have a great time! I'll have a date for Northwest SPADfest in a few days. Sheesh, it's just a stupid name.
Old 05-12-2003, 06:51 PM
IflyHigh

looks like I opened a can of worms!!
Man I did not mean for you to go off like a .44!
Sorry to offend you and your rite it's just a name.
Jeffrey
Wind, What wind???
Have pipe will toss !
Old 05-12-2003, 09:11 PM
rchawaii

Default Re: Northwest SPADfest date?

I think it's cool if every club in the world wants to have a SPADFEST-event! I wish the winner of whoever has the "official" SPADFEST this year great tons of fun and anyone having a SPAD event the same.

[B]Originally Posted By IflyHigh
I believe thats the way we will continue to choose the "Official" SPADFEST event location every year-it has already marked itself as a SPAD Tradition on the sites involved..(Http://spadtothebone.com and Http://spadworld.net)

Nope, and I don't think anyone here was proclaiming that.

Dang, I didn't know SPAD freaks were so, um, exclusive. I wouldn't expect to see this kind of attitude from a normally fun bunch of pilots. If you want to have fun, you can just come on out and have a great time! I'll have a date for Northwest SPADfest in a few days. Sheesh, it's just a stupid name.
Um, I believe ifly is just speaking about the event which is the "official" event promoted by us and spadtothebone.com, nothing more. I believe he was just clearing things up for people who may get more than a little confused about more than one event.

That being said, I believe it's best if we all work together on these things so no problems occur. Wanna have a SPAD Event in your area>? heck yeah go for it! Let us know about it, well post about it or you can!!! Let the whole world know here and anywhere you can!

There will continue t be an "Official" SPADFEST" event every year, which the spadonians will vote on. However no matter how many there are, I know we couldn't have enough!

BTW flyfalcons, we [SPAD Flyers who were members of the RCCA Message forum] started the "official" SPADFEST event and it was decided some time ago that the members would choose by vote where the official events would be held. I don't know if you knew that or not.

I applaud you for having an event for SPADs that's awesome. And thanks to the Millington Men for having this years event in a few days! Wish I was there!!

Please coordinate with us and we'll all come out winning on these events! The problem is in the name, it's confusing to discuss two SPADFest events at the same time. Contact one us, lets work it out for everyones benefit!!

"THE OFFICIAL SPADFEST"
"Northwest SPADfest"
"East Coast SPADFest"
"Hawaii SPADFest"
"Aussis SPADFest"
"British SPADFest"
"India SPADFest"

Imagine the possibilities!
Old 05-12-2003, 10:18 PM
rchawaii

Darn thats well put prior to running out for dinner Thanks for the heads up Chris and thank you tattoo for taking your time to address this.
Old 05-13-2003, 02:53 AM
Tattoo

Take a look at R/C combat

There is only one Big mamma Combat NATS in Muncie Indianna in July every year. This is the "Big One"

Throught the year there are many other regional combat NATS.
Midwest NATS
Dixi NATS
Southern Fried NATS
NE NATS
UM NATS
etc...etc...

Although there was some apprehension when the organizers started calling regional events NATS...it was learned that this actually fed the combat rush and pumped things up even better for the Muncie NATS...which is huge and even better for it! It's like the super bowl. If we can unite regional events under the name Spadfest using regional prefixes (NW for example)...with the culmination being one main big mamma Spadfest blow out every year...ROCK ON!!!
Old 05-13-2003, 03:54 AM
Topeka Tom

Default Like a State Fair???

In Topeka we used to have the Sunflower State Fair. The "State Fair" in Hutchison, two hours away, claimed title to "State Fair," and our fair faded as a result. What good could that have done Hutchison, a month and two hours' drive distant?

In Wisconsin, there was a Northwest Wisconsin State Fair in Chippewa Falls every autumn. Last time I was there, it was still extremely active and pulled participants from a large (albeit sparcely populated) area. Doubt it affects the "State Fair" in Milwaukee (three or four hours away at minimum) very much.

Let's follow Wisconsin's example.

(Soap Box being torn down for SPAD raw materials.)
Old 05-20-2003, 06:42 PM
Tattoo

Spadfest 2003 is in the books and we had a BLAST!!!!! The Millington Barnstormers really ROCK!!! It's time to start thinking about Spadfest 2004 and Kraut plans to put Wichita Kansas's hat in the ring for hosting it! Another location that was brought up was Rantoul AFB in Illinios (yep...the whole base with two full sized hangers!!!). We would be honored to have regional Spadfests anywhere anytime someone want's to put one on! Let us know the dates of the Northwest Spadfest, as I'm thinking about adding a page at Spadtothebone to list future events! Thanks!
Old 05-21-2003, 12:59 AM
Skoalz

I'd be interested in knowing what Spadonians would plan on attending the NW Spadfest. This would be within 700 miles my home. Too bad I may have to decide between next year (if in Kansas) and the NW event.

Either way, I hope the event is a huge success!