Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

i'm all ready crazzzzy

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 10:21 PM
tinker-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i'm all ready crazzzzy

before i busted my neck i flew full scale part of my work. now i fly, well kinda, r/c. i want to build and fly a extra 300 bipe. i have engines from 25 up to a us 41. yep, you guessed it for the 41. my re-action time isn't what it should be, so big is my answer.
i have flown r/c for yrs so this isn't like new but the material is. lets face it i'll be very hard on it. most of my landings are text book crash film stuff. i have seen pictures of some of your work and it's nice. i want the taper, cabanas where they belong and the works. some lite ply and foam is ok. as you can see i need help. by the way my hands are both closed like fist, so there is no real feel to me and my radio. i fly all jr with special sticks i made.

i'm serious so please lets have some input good or bad.
tinker
Old 05-12-2003, 10:32 PM
Woodsy

My advice would be to build something like the Debonair first so as you get used to the SPAD materials and way of building.
the Deb may be clased as a trainer plane but it also teaches you how to build with coro.
once youve done that try something a little harder like a Barney or a SPADstick, once you get the hang of building with coro you can build anything.

good luck
Old 05-12-2003, 10:34 PM
tinker-RCU

thank you.
tinker
Old 05-13-2003, 12:26 AM
DLSmith2

Tinker,

Ditto what Woodsy said! The Debonair is a good starting place and is very durable. I learned to build with it, then fly with it, and it provided me with a wealth of experience for future projects.

My second ship was a Das Plas Stick, and you could nickname it the "Cartwheel King" because it spent so much time on it's nose, wing tip, tail, wing tip, nose,... on landings! Durable and fun to fly as well. Both my Deb and DPS are tail draggers, adding to the challenge/fun.

Good luck, and don't forget the updates on your progress and pictures of the finished project!

Blue skies,

DL
Old 05-13-2003, 01:10 AM
Woodsy

tinker,
i just saw your other post that said you paid $20 for a sheet of coro, thats at least twice what you should be paying, have a look at the SPAD site for supliers info but from memory regal plastics and harbour sales seem to be the best bet for you USA guys