Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Large Delta SPAD???

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 11:33 PM
Kon-Tiki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Large Delta SPAD???

Still trying to recover from a severe data loss when one of my HDD's failed. Lots of valuable contacts and links in connection with SPAD's were lost. Can anyone tell which SPAD the attached picture is and where I find the plans.

Many thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	79140_24622.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	46943  
Old 05-17-2003, 03:02 AM
sewoodruff
My Feedback: (1)

I haven't seen that one, but take a look at pictures of my delta at http://groups.msn.com/RioRanchoRadioControlClub
and see what you think. It's basicaly a 2.4x enlargement of the Ddust and has 68" span and 45" root chord. I have a ST2500 with a 16x8 prop on the nose to keep the weight forward. I have 4 control surfaces in back and all work together for elevator and the 2 on each side work together for aileron. It looks really awesome in the air, I think I'm going to name it 'Coro Cloud'. Now that I know it flies (4 flights so far) I'll decorate it with vinyl film and post more pictures.

Steve Woodruff
Old 05-17-2003, 08:59 AM
Woodsy

Thats a new one to me and i've been around the 3 main SPAD forums for 18 months
Old 05-17-2003, 11:21 AM
Kon-Tiki

sewoodruff & Woodsy

Think it was a version of the DDust, made as large as an 8 X 4ft sheet of Correx (UK!!!) would permit. I've lost all the detail that were sent to me. I'll just start cutting and lt it evolve!

Thanks, bye for now . . . .
Old 05-17-2003, 12:18 PM
Michael F

Sorry for the thread hijack.
Steve,
I've been wanting to get ahold of someone local to help me get started with a SPAD plane and local club info. Can I send you an email or email me at [email protected]

Thanks,
Michael

Originally posted by sewoodruff
I haven't seen that one, but take a look at pictures of my delta at http://groups.msn.com/RioRanchoRadioControlClub
and see what you think. It's basicaly a 2.4x enlargement of the Ddust and has 68" span and 45" root chord. I have a ST2500 with a 16x8 prop on the nose to keep the weight forward. I have 4 control surfaces in back and all work together for elevator and the 2 on each side work together for aileron. It looks really awesome in the air, I think I'm going to name it 'Coro Cloud'. Now that I know it flies (4 flights so far) I'll decorate it with vinyl film and post more pictures.

Steve Woodruff