Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Flashing Coro.??????

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 10:25 AM
kid chuckles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flashing Coro.??????

How? What is it supposed to do or look like when properly done? Is it necessary or can you just sand the coro? How do you keep from melting it? All sorts of questions lol. Thanks again might not be so inquisitive next build[sm=71_71.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=bananahead.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 01-25-2009, 11:01 AM
draftman1

Default RE: Flashing Coro.??????

its real easy, just wave the flame above the coro. you will see the change for a second. its like when you look down the road on a hot day and see the hoizon move a little. just take some scrap and practice. you will know when you go to slow and it wont take but 2 or 3 passes before you get it figured out.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:59 PM
jib

If it puckers a little, you went too slow, but it's ok anyway.

Jack
Old 01-25-2009, 11:52 PM
sweetdudeplanes

I have found after flashing with flame I wipe it down with methylated spirits works for me.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:09 AM
kid chuckles

Did not have a torch so i sanded everything real good and used LockTite Super Glue. It seems to work alright for now anyway stuck pretty good. Got the motor mount on last night and am ready to start trying to figure out how you mount the wings to the fuse. Just don't know how you get them lined up properly. Such as how far down from top of fuse and how far back from say motor mount to leading edge. I am going to try to balance what it is now and then mark that and try to get spars lined up with that for CG, Or am i going about it wrong? Thanks fella's you have helped me when without ya'll I would still be twidiling my [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 02-12-2009, 12:35 AM
O2man
My Feedback: (5)

Hey, guys. Flaming is OK, but why not use Handibond Plastic friendly CA? I use it for SPADflyer builds and I don't have any failed bonds. No flaming-Just clean the surface and apply the glue. To find it go to the Handibond site and they will have a group of vendors listed. It is available in 1 oz bottles.

No, I am not a dealer. I am only a satisfied customer. I use 6oz or more of this per year, and have never had any problems.

Ed Sorrels
Old 02-12-2009, 06:22 AM
jaav

Ive used CRC Electraclean.. on the field no flashing needed. Expensive to use for the whole build...
Old 02-12-2009, 10:21 PM
A6Ordie

The purpose of flashing is that there is oils on the coro from the manufacturing process and to get the best bond you need to clean those oils off for CA. IF you use other types of glue then there is no need to flash, or clean for that matter. I use poly glue or goop and just wipe off the dust and glue. WHEN I use CA I'll clean the area with some mineral spirits, thinner, or alcohol then glue. Having plastic friendly glue has never been an issue. I've used the 4 pack of small tubes for a dollar super glue from the dollar store and had no problems as long as I cleaned the area first.