Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Coropusher???

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 08:13 PM
mclina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coropusher???

OK guys, I have a new mission. On page 46 of the February 2009 issue of Model Aviation, there is a picture of a group of original design planes called "Coropushers". They are small, electric, swept wing (2 out of 3), pusher jets made of coro. They are said to weigh around 15 ounces.

I want one, and I am not in the mood to experiment. Does anyone know the guy who built these? Has anyone ever seen plans, or at least know the specs on these?

I am thinking that at that weight, one of my little Towerpro combos will fly it.

I hope someone has seen one.

Thanks
Old 01-26-2009, 09:18 PM
draftman1

Default RE: Coropusher???

Hey Mclina, I havnt got the magazine yet. I havnt seen the planes anywhere on the net called that. man that sounds cool. Im excited about this one
Old 01-26-2009, 09:27 PM
mclina

I don't have a scanner, but I snapped a photo of the page in question. The builder is from Canada. I googled his name, and coropusher, came up with nothing. We could probably come up with something similar on our own.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:56 PM
draftman1

wow those are cool. Canada eh! have you looked on the RCCanada site? there is alot of spad stuff going on there. mainly in the combat group. I will look also
Old 02-02-2009, 08:11 PM
lecrote
My Feedback: (1)

PM me for email.

I got an email last summer from a buddy in Quebec for this design at 5$

Dan
Old 02-03-2009, 09:48 AM
Sharku

to me it looks really similar to [link=http://www.nitroplanes.com/sadler-vampire-sv-2.html]this[/link] plane

looks interesting .. i might give it a go
Old 02-03-2009, 10:19 AM
mclina

I thought of this one:

http://www.nitroplanes.com/bo90arfrarec.html

I'm going to try building one, I just haven't had the time to mess with it yet.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:32 AM
Villa

Here is my SPAD version of a pusher/puller. After the engines wore out I changed it to a single OS46FX in puller configuration. The torsion-bar landing gear I developed for that model would make a aircraft carrier pilot jealous.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_58...tm.htm#5889125
To make it a pusher-only would require some heavy thinking to get the CG right. The engine can be pushed very far into the wing. A swept wing probably would help.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:41 PM
lecrote

Mail sent

Dan
Old 02-16-2009, 10:33 PM
flyRCmore

I saw these Coroplast Pushers at the NEAT Fair last year. I did not see them fly, nor was the owner around to talk with. Just had to have one of these rugged machines! But no plans!

Nevertheless, I whacked the flying surfaces for a 32" swept wing version out of Coroplast about a month ago. I got distracted by another project, and have not done the booms and center fuselage yet. (These will be 3/16" poplar.) My impression is that it will have a flying weight of about 18-24 oz so I will install about 180 Watts of propulsion - much heavier than the usual foamie, but still okay, and much better in a breeze.

I would encourage you to just design your own rather than mess around with plans. I suggest aiming for 250 to 300 square inches of wing. Use the "if it looks right; it is right" design philosophy. After all, the airplanes that made an impression on you were the successful ones! Also, I suggest laying it out full size on a large sheet of wrapping paper or left-over wallpaper (my favorite) first to get an idea of what it will look like.

Greg Hofmann, [email protected]
Old 02-17-2009, 02:25 AM
AGR413

Take a gander at this.

http://spadworld.net/forum/viewtopic...&postorder=asc
Old 03-16-2009, 11:48 AM
Team_Monkey

Hey, that's a neat surprise. I don't usually get over this way much but found this thread on a lunch time "walkabout".

The PlastiCat is sized for a decent BB .46. Flies with plenty of speed and power and the CG was easy to set thanks to the long fuse and swept wing. Much easier than a pusher F-15 I tried years ago. I make all my plans in CAD so I can scale them up and down as needed. I looked at making a little, lightweight .25 size version but made my Pickle instead. http://spadworld.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16443

If you're going to make a 2mm coro electric, I would highly suggest keeping the wing over 200-220 sq.in as someone mentioned earlier. That has seemed to be a magic number for my cheap tower-pro motors and 800-1200mAh, 3S Lipos. Even at that, you have to keep the throttle on.

Good Luck at whatever you try!
Old 06-30-2010, 08:52 AM
castorbricoleur

Hi Mclina,

I know the designer of the CoroPusher and as a matter of fact, I'm building 3 as we speak. We are a hek of a bunch up here in Montreal to have those. They're all equipped the same so combat is fair and it finally comes down to who is the best pilot. Lot's of fun and a bash at fun-flys!!!!

Have you found the info you were looking for?

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Cheers,

J-F