Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

What about The Kraut?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 02:13 PM
jmayle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What about The Kraut?

Everyone has been thanking Tattoo for all that SPADs have done for them, And I am guilty also, but what about the other half of the team. It is hard to find one of those fellars with out the other one lurking somewhere close. Together they are one, they are SPAD. Thanks Guys

Hope to see you in Smithville MO. where I will win the event with my newest SPAD. You have to attend in order to find out what it is. After the test flight I will give you the plans to publish.

Bob
Old 06-09-2003, 03:39 PM
tileflyer
My Feedback: (9)

Yeah I have noticed that and wanting to say something,but did not want to start a peeing contest.
Old 06-09-2003, 03:57 PM
Kraut
My Feedback: (1)

Thank you for the compliment Bob, and tileflyer......and for bringing that point up........but please understand that I don't need (or even want) to be included when someone compliments Tattoo for his generosity! I have been complimented before when Tattoo should have been the recipient - so it all works out in the end! The way I see it - when somebody says something good (or bad ) about "SPAD" in general - I always feel included! :stupid:

Thanks again everyone for sharing and spreading the fun!
Old 06-09-2003, 04:08 PM
Tattoo

I can't thank Kraut enough. He's been my best friend since we met 17 years ago. He's just not as much of a forum blabbermouth like I am I'm an eternal pessimist...if it wasn't for his constant encouragment...and trying stuff that I didn't think would work...we would never have gotten very far!!!
Old 06-09-2003, 08:19 PM
ChrisSpad

I noticed it as well, and almost posted a reminder this morning about it, but, ran out of time. Keep in mind that it was Kraut that actually built the very first spad. Tattoo drew it up on a napkin (if memory serves), and then threw it away. Kraut retrieved the drawing, went home, built it, and the rest is history.

Great job both of you guys. I wouldn't be having a tenth as much fun as i am if it weren't for plastic (and you guys figuring out how to use it.)

Thanks again for spreading the fun.
Old 06-09-2003, 09:39 PM
Tattoo

It was also Kraut's idea to go "on line" with Spad, and he made the first Spad web site!
Old 06-09-2003, 09:40 PM
tileflyer

Well I think I speak for the majority of Spadders,I(we) are glad you guys did make it to the "information super highway".
Old 06-09-2003, 09:49 PM
FrankC29

Hey, let's not forget he designs the pretty Spads, the ones that are good at silencing those who saySpads are ugly! The Spadstick and the Spadet are deffinately not ugly!
Old 06-09-2003, 10:25 PM
Kraut
My Feedback: (1)

Aw shucks! Ok - you can quit now you guys - it's getting awfully warm and fuzzy here!

The bottom line is this - it took Dean and myself's selfishness to get the whole thing going five years ago - but it took all of you to make it what it is today!

Thanks so much for the kind words!!!!
Old 06-09-2003, 10:28 PM
tileflyer

Next invention of Kraut's,he turns into a hotair balloon,from having a "big head" just kidding!
Old 06-10-2003, 02:23 AM
rsieminski

My appreciation goes out to everyone who has a positive influence on the evolution of SPAD, especially the originators. SPAD is like open source software, almost instantaneously changes and improvements are made with the designs and together we end up with quick to build, great flying, durable, cheap planes.
Thanks to everyone who contributes to the SPAD forums, because of them I have become a better pilot, and have more fun.
Old 06-11-2003, 02:21 AM
Chunky C

book book book book book book book book book book book book book book book book book book book book book book book book book book book book book book book book book

Old 06-11-2003, 05:18 AM
MalaysianFlyer

I agree with Chunky C, a book by you guys would be great, it would be an amazing tool to use to introduce more people to the hobby
Old 06-11-2003, 10:05 AM
Tattoo

If they let me stay in as long as I want to...I'll retire in 13 years...that would give me 30...so I'll start on the book in 2016...unless Kraut, Chris, Frank or someone else beats me too it.