Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

CoroSpit for 60 size TT

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 09:46 AM
truman40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CoroSpit for 60 size TT

I have a 60 size Thunder Tiger engine and was thinking of building a Corospit for it.
I actually made one following the plans on Spadtothebone about 5 years ago and put a 60 TT in it. It flew but I stuffed up when making the wing spar (Cut it the wrong size and instead of buying a new yard stick just screwed it together and took a shortcut) needless to say the wing folded in mid flight and that was the end of that.

Anyway I would like to have another go at it but have noticed that the plans say the corospit is suited to a .21-.26 engine. I cant remember why then I decided last time to build one and put a .60 in it unless I was somehow advised maybe to increase the scale of it. (It was over 5 years ago so I cant quite remember.)
Would the current build size of the corospit be suitable for a .60? And if not how do you scale the plans to make it bigger and what size should it be?
I also have an OS40 so would this be better for the corospits current size perhaps?
Old 05-31-2009, 10:36 AM
draftman1

Default RE: CoroSpit for 60 size TT

one of the guys from the UK built a bigger spit.  but I dont think he called it a spit, he made some minor changes.   check on the spadworls.net site and do a search on it.   sure it can be done!    in the spad spirit, if you thunk it up, you must build it!
Old 05-31-2009, 02:08 PM
A6Ordie

Here's UK's thread on spadworld http://spadworld.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13970 UK has built a couple of these and could really steer you in the right direction. I'm not sure if he hangs around RCU so you might sign up at spadworld and send him a PM. I am sure he would be happy to help you build a coro spit

Good Luck,

Old 06-01-2009, 06:16 AM
truman40

Thanks for the information. I contacted UKChris and am waiting for his reply. In the meantime whilst searching for similar threads I stumbled across my own thread back in 2002 complete with pictures of the original Corospit I built.http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_95.../tm.htm#950329

Iwas amazed I dont even remember taking the photos let alone posting them on here. So I now know that I did in fact scale it up for a .60 and increased its wing span to 65".

Well time to give it another crack. Hopefuly this time it will fly longer..LOL.