Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design
Reload this Page >

Where to find square pvc?

Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Where to find square pvc?

Old 12-22-2009, 06:45 PM
hugger-4641
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to find square pvc?

Anyone know some place in my area I can buy square pvc gutter (smooth sided 2 1/2" or 3")? Every where I've looked only has the fluted rectangular type.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:14 PM
richg99

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Where to find square pvc?

Tru Value and Ace hardware have been my sources here. Also, there is a "Do it Yourself "???? hardware chain whose members are often found stocking the material. Rich
Old 12-22-2009, 07:26 PM
Villa

Hi hugger-4641 and others.
I have 4 different SPADS and none use the square PVC downspouts. J3-Cub, Canard, Twin Tail, and Biplane, all using OS46FX or AX engines. I use 1" aluminum square tubing and/or 3/4" aluminum angle from Loew's.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:15 PM
hugger-4641

Thanks for the response guys! I hadn't thought of aluminum, I'll definitely try that on my next one. But for now I'd like to build a something similar to my Demon, exept with a longer tail and wingspan. The one I'm flying now has as 32" fuse and 48" wingspan and I think it was actually built with combat flying in mind. I think I'd like to try the same design and air foil, but maybe a 60" wingspan and 50" fuse. Looking for just a little more pitch stability and doing pattern type flying with it.

Thanks for the Ace hardware suggestion. I think there is still an Ace hardware in Jackson, the Ace and Tru Value here in McKenzie closed a few years ago. But you lost me on the "Do It Yourself" hardware, not sure what that is.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:25 PM
richg99

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try this...they may, or may not...have a franchise/branch/location in your area. Rich

http://doitbest.com/
Old 12-22-2009, 08:37 PM
hugger-4641

Hey thanks! Two locations within 20 minutes, I'm sure if they don't have it in stock, one of them can probably order it for me.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:30 PM
PatrickCurry
My Feedback: (20)

Hey Hugger, I looked all over the place here and finally found two pieces left at an out of the way Ace Hardware and paid $9 and change a piece for them..... then I just *happened* to wander into a Marvin's Building Materials about 3 blocks from our flying field and they stock the entire line of the white PVC gutter system including the 2 1/2" downspout.  They had about 20 pieces in the bin for $6 and something.  [:'(]  You might check and see if there's one in your area if the others don't work out:  http://www.marvinsbuildingmaterials.com/

Old 12-22-2009, 11:47 PM
huck1199

If you have an Agway near by they can order it