Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

$75 to ship coro!!!

Old 01-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Popriv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $75 to ship coro!!!

Just haven't been able to find 2 mm locally!!

the shops that are around local dont carry the 2 mm.

Even cut down to 36 x 24 its $75 to ship...

Bummer
Old 01-07-2010, 04:01 PM
PatrickCurry
My Feedback: (20)

Default RE: $75 to ship coro!!!

Check out the info in this thread Pop:  http://spadworld.net/forum/viewtopic...=170812#170812  I ordered 4-2x4 sheets of 2mm yesterday from this place in NJ and they only charged me $15.61 for UPS shipping.  Super nice guy too.  The coro was $3.50 a sheet and they've got a lot of different colors.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:30 PM
spaceworm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you tried the ideas from this SPAD link? http://home.comcast.net/~tipstricksl..._coroplast.htm

Harbor Sales in Baltimore, MD was one of the very first suppliers, but many others now. Try working with your local sign guys, maybe tie an order of 2mm with their regular orders.

Just an idea, not even mine. Good luck.

I get my 4mm by going around just after elections and harvesting the politico signs; I don't even care which party I cop the signs from. :-)
Old 01-07-2010, 08:01 PM
PatrickCurry

I've talked to a dozen sign companies around here. No one uses 2mm and they say they can't get it. I don't know if they just don't want to be bothered with it or what. First thing they ask me is how many sheets do I need. When I reply just a couple they lose their enthusiasm right quick.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:37 PM
whanderson

Propriv,

I picked up a 2mm 4 x 8 sheet of yellow coro from Harbor Sales about a month ago. They are in Maryland near the Delaware border. I will be going to Carlisle, MA in a couple of weeks. If you are interested, maybe we can work something out.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:00 AM
mclina

If you just use the online order form at Harbor Sales, they quote you the same shipping whether it's a full sheet or cut into pieces. If you call them on the phone, they will adjust the shipping for realistic rates. As long as you are limiting your pieces to 36" long, your shipping will only be $10-$15.

Good luck
Old 01-18-2010, 11:10 AM
PatrickCurry

ORIGINAL: mclina
If you just use the online order form at Harbor Sales, they quote you the same shipping whether it's a full sheet or cut into pieces. If you call them on the phone, they will adjust the shipping for realistic rates. As long as you are limiting your pieces to 36" long, your shipping will only be $10-$15.
Good luck
I haven't ordered from them but I've seen several people in the forums that have said Harbor Sales has gone to a new policy where they have a new flat rate for shipping that is a $50 minimum regardless of the sizes you buy. That was talking to them on the phone and getting the quote. I guess I shouldn't even be commenting on it since I have not ordered from them but that is what I have seen posted.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:53 AM
mclina

ORIGINAL: PatrickCurry

ORIGINAL: mclina
If you just use the online order form at Harbor Sales, they quote you the same shipping whether it's a full sheet or cut into pieces. If you call them on the phone, they will adjust the shipping for realistic rates. As long as you are limiting your pieces to 36'' long, your shipping will only be $10-$15.
Good luck
I haven't ordered from them but I've seen several people in the forums that have said Harbor Sales has gone to a new policy where they have a new flat rate for shipping that is a $50 minimum regardless of the sizes you buy. That was talking to them on the phone and getting the quote. I guess I shouldn't even be commenting on it since I have not ordered from them but that is what I have seen posted.

Man, that sucks. It's been a couple of years since I ordered from them.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:49 PM
twostroke
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered 16 sheets of 4mm 24"x48" in four colors and shipping was only 33.00. The owner Daniel was great to deal with I call them and explained what I was looking for and he was more than happy to help me out. Check them out and give them a call!!!

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9395942/tm.htm]twisted image[/link]