Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design
Reload this Page >

Got My Spadfest Video And It Is Great! A Must Have!

Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Got My Spadfest Video And It Is Great! A Must Have!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 09:24 PM
boogerboy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got My Spadfest Video And It Is Great! A Must Have!

Got my spadfest video and I love it! It's a must have! You can even see ChrisSpad crash his big yellow plane and corodust several times on take off! Take a trip threw spad time with tattoo and kruat. Scott at concept go threw their killer products. The flying is killer! I just love that little bitty u/l plane! I'm telling you to buy this video!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure glad I did! Boogerboy
Old 07-14-2003, 09:33 PM
FrankC29

BoogerBoy! You always get everything first, this isn't fair! I can't wait to get mine!! Chris was crashin, eh? Hadn't heard about that...
Old 07-14-2003, 10:00 PM
ChrisSpad

Yeah, they put the CLT crash on it. I have mine, too, btw, and it is good.
The clt crash wasn't that bad, it'll fly again, with a little reinforcement on the wing. But, the video of me hovering it was kinda neat, even if i was way up there.
Long story short, the wings all 2 mil, 16" chord, the entire trailing edge of the wing, all 8' of it went to fluttering (its on the video), i lost all aileron control, but managed to make it back to the runway, and put it in kinda hard. Hard enough to break the wing mounts loose. I am gonna add another spar, close to the trailing edge to keep the wing from being so flexible at the t.e, and i bet it'll be good to go now.

Ok, between you and Woodsy on the other forum, i've gotten worked up over gas again. Off to work on the new stick....
Old 07-14-2003, 10:05 PM
boogerboy

Default LOCATION LOCATION

Frank we live in the middle of lots of stuff around here in Kuttawa Ky! Our son watches your flying video's everyday! Your clips are real long and he likes them. My fav is the bi-plane, that thing will spin! Hey do live close to hw59 or 99? R/c rita and I used to come threw there all the time. When I make out there again we'll go flying!
I just finished the end of the spadfest video and the outakes are worth the price of the video! Dean and Kruat don't like talkin' on video very much and the never know when the camera is on! They also had to do the award party twice! To funny!
Boogerboy
Old 07-14-2003, 11:55 PM
Tattoo

Oh man!!! I can't wait!!...BTW I finally JUST got my RCReport today! I still can't believe how far this has all come!!! Frank wrote an INCREDABLE article!!! Sassy is reading it as I type!

Dean and Kruat don't like talkin' on video very much and the never know when the camera is on!
Oh no!!!...I remember some of that...oh boy...dorks-r-us...
Old 07-16-2003, 01:10 AM
FrankC29

Wow, this video was well done! Kraut is quite the public speaker, I've got to hand it to him. Put a mike in my hand, and it would have been a stuttering mess. Those of you considering getting the video, go for it, deffinately worth it. Of course, now I'm double jealous of those who were able to attend.
Old 07-16-2003, 02:35 AM
ChrisSpad

Dean and Collin did great, i thought. I was the one that sounded like the total hick. I never notice my own drawl, until i hear myself on tape. The outtakes at the end were really funny. They didn't tape (or elected not to show) Chunky C, and Beinville's little spills. Too funny.
But, i gotta admit, Chunk was trying to launch my ddust at the time, so i couldn't laugh too hard, he was trying to help out.
Old 07-16-2003, 04:38 AM
danhoh

how much fer the video ???
Old 07-16-2003, 11:12 AM
boogerboy

Default WESTERN TENN KY

Chris let's face it! U live in western Tenn and I live in western Ky. We talk and sound like rednecks! But that's okay because chicks dig wild cowboys like us! Boogerboy
Old 07-16-2003, 11:38 AM
Twister2
My Feedback: (4)

Default The Video

OK...Some details please for those of us who just dropped in on this.

Where can one get the video and what is the price. It sounds good, several around here fly SPADS and would show it at our club meeting.
Thanks
Old 07-16-2003, 12:02 PM
LectroSpaz-RCU

Dave sent me this in an email.....

Guys,

The spadfest video is done on VHS. DVD to follow in about a week. Could you
guys spread the word on it. They can get it with PayPal at
http://www.jollyrogergraphics.com or send me a check or money order to my
home address - 3598 Voltaire ave, Memphis, TN 39128 They are $15.00 each
plus $ 2.50 shipping
let me know.
Dave
__________________________________________________ __

There you go
Jeffrey
Old 07-17-2003, 12:21 AM
rcpilot901

Default Spadfest video

The spadfest video is out on VHS & DVD. Go to http://www.jollyrogergraphics.com to get your copy - both $15.00
Old 07-17-2003, 12:31 AM
Tattoo

I just finished watching the video...oh geeze...I'm dying laughing...Chris, you might be a hick, but it's the first time I've seen myself in a video, and I never knew how much of a geek I was...(Sassy says it's more like Kansas farmboy)...it's a good thing I brough Kraut along for my PR work What great memories!!!
Old 07-17-2003, 12:33 AM
ChrisSpad

lol. i thought you did fine. And unfortunately, the video leaves little doubt that i am a hick. lol.
Old 07-18-2003, 01:02 AM
Tattoo

it's a good thing I brough Kraut along for my PR work What great memories!!!
Old 07-18-2003, 03:07 AM
LectroSpaz-RCU

it's a good thing I brough Kraut along for my PR work What great memories!!!
It's a good thing he got the napkin out of the garbage can so we could have all this fun!

You guys did Just fine!
I think everyone had a good time.

Are we going to Lake Afton for 2004 ?
Old 07-28-2003, 01:01 AM
MockV

Default Spadfest Video Problems

Hey everyone. First of all I'd like to apologize for bringing up an aging thread. I recently just received my Spadfest dvd and tried to watch it today. My dvd player ejected when I tried to play it. This happened about 3 times. I then said to myself, "Okay. Maybe it can be played on my computer." And that didn't work either! I'm starting to get a little frustrated and am getting ready to send a message to Jollyrogergraphics. I first just wanted to see if anyone has had any problems with playing their videos also.

Thanks for the help.
James
Old 07-28-2003, 03:59 AM
KS_Pyro
My Feedback: (4)

The DVD did the same thing in mine. I'm guessing you have an older DVD player like I do. They won't read a burned DVD. I talked my GF into bringing over her new DVD player (cheap Apex) and it played fine.

Dave
Old 07-28-2003, 04:18 AM
FrankC29

Hmm, I wonder if it's a DVD or a VCD (Video CD). Some older players won't play VCD format.
Old 07-28-2003, 08:06 PM
rcpilot901

Default DVD not working

MockV in regard to the DVD that is not working. KS_PRYRO is correct older DVD players will not work on a burned DVD. Before I released it I took a copy to Best Buy and Compusa and tried it on all of the DVD players. It work on all of them, except a really cheap Panasonic model.

If you would rather have a VHS tape, that is no problem just sent back the DVD and I will send you a VHS tape. The DVD could also be bad, so send it to me and I will send you out a new VHS tape.

Dave
Old 07-28-2003, 10:34 PM
MockV

Default Aww Maaan!

I just got this dvd/surround sound system for Christmas last year! It's a Pioneer system that was bought from Costco here in Burbank. All other dvd's in my collection (new/old and burned) play fine on it.

I guess I'll have to get the VHS tape. I really wanted to have the dvd version of it....oh well. I wonder if it will play on my In-Laws dvd player (they live right down the street from me). Let me try it on that one and if it still doesn't work, I'll send it back for the VHS.

So how long will it take to get a new copy sent? I'm really anxious to see the video. I'm almost finished with my first spad (Deb) and I want to see how the different models fly!

Thanks for the help,
James
Old 07-29-2003, 01:43 AM
MockV

Default No Luck

Well, the dvd doesn't play in the other player. I'm gonna have to send it back and get the VHS copy. Just to make sure, is this the address I'm supposed to use?

Jolly Roger Graphics
3598 Voltaire Ave
Memphis, TN 38128

I'll send it back when I get a confirmation of this address. I'll also check on the website to make sure.

Kind of a bummer that the dvd doesn't work on either of the players. And neither are even a year old.

Thanks Again,
James
Old 07-29-2003, 09:42 AM
rcpilot901

Default sorry for problems

Sorry for the problems, that DVD might be bad. Happens. I will send a copy of the VHS the day after I get the DVD backand the address is correct.
Old 08-07-2003, 05:15 PM
Askalon
My Feedback: (1)

Sorry to bring this back up, but talk about awesome. You guys had way too much fun. The only issue I had with the DVD is it stopped at one point and then wanted to start over. I could went to the menu and got it going to where it should have went next (designs I think), from there on out it was fine again.

With this in mind, anyone want to do a "how to" video on building a spad? I am a bit leary of doing the wings for the trainer, but for the low cost, what the heck right?

Clayton