Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design
Reload this Page >

Please Please Help Desperate

Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Please Please Help Desperate

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 10:01 AM
Stedge2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Please Help Desperate

I am gagging to join you guys in the SPAD world but i have no Idea where i can get Correx or corraplast in the UK please does anyone know ??? I live in Gloucestershire in the South west and i have tried the links on Spadtothebone.com but they don't really help me, so can any of you ?

Cheers Stedge ...
Old 07-15-2003, 11:30 AM
nukes

Stedge2000,
I would suggest looking up spadders in your area to find out where they get theirs. There were 3 or four in the spodian locater. Check them out. Hope this helps, and welcome to the mania.

http://www.newark.dns2go.com/spad/
Old 07-15-2003, 11:46 AM
Kon-Tiki

Default Hi Stedge2000

I looked at the "display" ads in Yellow Pages under Signs where they stated they make "Estate Agent" sign boards. I picked up two 4ft X 3ft sheets of 4mm white for £5 !

Actually he delivered them because he was cuious to find out what I was making! A lot of sign makers don't actually keep it in stock . . . its the Printers that have 'cause they have to print it first.

It's a long story but I am having a break from Planes and building a Correx Catamaran!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...56&forumid=235]
Old 07-15-2003, 12:16 PM
Stedge2000

Default Thanks

Thanks Guys very much apreciated i'll try these sources and let you know ........

Cheers
Stedge
Old 07-16-2003, 04:03 AM
MalaysianFlyer

Best place of all to get info about correx in the UK is at

www.mugi.co.uk

PLus you get to check out what I feel is the most famous and easy to build UK SPAD, the MUGI!!!

Hope that helps
Old 07-16-2003, 06:22 AM
DominicM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Stedge - It' certainly not easy getting hold of correx in the U.K. Luckily got mine from a local sign shop and with my Ford Galaxy I can throw in a whole 8'x4' sheet ! Had to reassure the guy I wasn't competing with his business ! Get my ali rail from B&Q but it's not wide enough for standard servos so for rudder/elev I screw poly board to the underside of the rail. First flight of the SPA3D today...and I'm working on a GeeBee for the weekend. Let us know how you get on. Gotta get the U.K. spadders movin'. Anyone else out there ?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	94240_20628.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	53970  
Old 07-16-2003, 06:39 AM
bobo_54501
My Feedback: (19)

Do it like me and my friends ..Steal gas station signs ..Best done under cover of darkness and aways from nearest police dept ..L.O.L... Just Kidding !!! Really ..Alot of places will give you the signs if you ask nice and the sale is over ..They ask me what i want them for and i tell them to build Hors ..They Nod smile and are very glad to give me what I want so ill leave ..L.O.L...
Old 07-16-2003, 08:57 AM
Stedge2000

Default Thanks

I've been out purchasing all the tools etc from Ebay mostly, got a Dremmel tool , few spare engines etc I got Square drainpipe i even got a little burner for the flashing, Alu L's, now all i need is some bloomin correx .... I'm have day off on saturday so going to hunt some down thats for sure . Sorry BOBO in the UK our Gas Station boards are normally made of wood with posters stuck to them so they ain't no good.... But i'll try anything at the moment . Just nice to see a few UK Spadders thats for sure .....

Cheers Stedge
Old 07-23-2003, 01:05 PM
Holst

Nice thread guys.

I cant even fly yet (noobie) but im thinking of going the SPAD route, thanks for the tips on where to get materials.

Now I just need ebay to come through with a cheap radio :P
Old 07-23-2003, 03:23 PM
david a

I wonder how much it would cost to order some coroplast from the States and have it shipped to the UK. There is a man that works for Regal Plastics in Texas that will cut to order coroplast and ship to people in the States. As long as you are willing to pay the extra shipping charges to the UK he can probably help you. The largest size that UPS will ship is a 3' x 4' piece, which should not be a problem.
Old 10-07-2003, 04:42 PM
nickr100

Default RE: Please Please Help Desperate

hi all,

i get mine from Europoint Display in Glasgow, but they have branches all over the UK. do a search on your favourite search engine for 'The Paper Co', they are the parent company for Europoint.

cheers

nick
Old 10-08-2003, 07:23 AM
Duncan01

Default RE: Please Please Help Desperate

Get my ali rail from B&Q but it's not wide enough for standard servos so for rudder/elev I screw poly board to the underside of the rail.

I got mine from the same place and found exactly the same problem with the servos not fitting inside the ali rail so what I did was to cut out to the length of the servos and then just bend the ali down 45 degrees to make little seats that the servos can lay in, don't cut to far down, otherwise you could lose the strength in the ali rail, then get a good quality zip tie and wrap it round the servo, the plus to this is that it cant move about cos it's sitting in it own little seat as it were

Just my way
Duncan