RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/s-p-d-aircraft-coroplast-design-178/)
-   -   Looking for a Source for Coroplast Sheets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/s-p-d-aircraft-coroplast-design-178/11182794-looking-source-coroplast-sheets.html)

SrTelemaster150 08-06-2012 06:44 AM

Looking for a Source for Coroplast Sheets

I would like to buy some small sheets of 2mm & 4mm coroplast for repairs & upkeep of my existing USAircore Knighthawk.

Where can I buy small quantities of the size sheets that are appropriate for this?

spaceworm 08-06-2012 07:06 AM

RE: Looking for a Source for Coroplast Sheets

I don't know about 6mm as i have not seen or used it, but your local sign shop may be able to provide you with 2 mm and 4mm which is more commonly used for SPAD aircraft. Another cheap (FREE) source of 4mm is the political signs strewn about our landscape before most every election. I ask the supporting body of the candidate before removing them after the election, and they usually welcome your help in cleaning up the trash . Sometimes there is a common collection point (like our civic center) that helps in the recycling of the signs. You can sometimes pick the color(s) of your choice. Good luck.

icerinkdad 08-06-2012 10:20 AM

I have cultivated friendships with a few local gas stations (buying gas and taking a minute to talk to staff) that have coroplast signs. They let me know when they are going to take them down and throw them away... not a quick source but the price is right.
Bob

aspeed 08-06-2012 02:54 PM

Home Depots around here have the 4 mm, I would think that would be universal.  The 2mm is harder to find.  I don't know about the 6mm.  Likely a sign shop as has been mentioned.

mustangman177 08-06-2012 05:57 PM

http://www.packandseal.com/c-736-pla...UVqKgodaHpdnQ&

may work

SrTelemaster150 08-09-2012 04:06 AM

ORIGINAL: spaceworm

I don't know about 6mm as i have not seen or used it, but your local sign shop may be able to provide you with 2 mm and 4mm which is more commonly used for SPAD aircraft. Another cheap (FREE) source of 4mm is the political signs strewn about our landscape before most every election. I ask the supporting body of the candidate before removing them after the election, and they usually welcome your help in cleaning up the trash . Sometimes there is a common collection point (like our civic center) that helps in the recycling of the signs. You can sometimes pick the color(s) of your choice. Good luck.

Actually it's 2mm & 6mm that I need. I can buy the 4mm in 24X18" sheets & that's fine for the tailfeathers & such.

The 2mm is what I need in sheets big enough for wing repair.

jpr72c 12-01-2012 02:31 PM

Try here
harborsales.net

JPR72c

DaneMcGee 12-01-2012 03:24 PM

Try Regal Plastic

Clean 12-05-2012 03:27 PM

The problem with Harborsales is they charge about 50 bucks to ship what they used to charge 5 for.  It REALLY bums me out.

mustangman177 12-07-2012 09:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Clean

The problem with Harborsales is they charge about 50 bucks to ship what they used to charge 5 for. It REALLY bums me out.

I too found this to be very disturbing..... Last time I ordered from harbor @ $50.00 shipping, I bought 10 sheets of 2 mm.to offset the shipping cost. Made for 40 sections of 24 x 48" . Came in 4 boxes. Sounds like it is that price from 1-100 sheets ?

Cary

PatrickCurry 01-27-2013 10:20 AM

corrugatedplastics.net has worked well for me in the past.

mustangman177 01-27-2013 11:03 AM

ORIGINAL: PatrickCurry

corrugatedplastics.net has worked well for me in the past.

Thanks Patrick !!! Just placed a order with this company. Good price for coroplast and shipping only $5.00 UPS. Only gripe is that you have to buy multiple sheets (10) for this price at a certain color.....Still well worth it though.

Cary

PatrickCurry 02-16-2013 03:51 PM

Glad it worked out for you!  Last time I ordered from them, I ordered one 4x8 sheet in each color and they cut the sheets into four 2x4 sheets for me.  They're really nice folks, though.  :)

Team_Monkey 04-16-2014 06:03 PM

oops, wrong thread...

Tom Nied 01-23-2016 06:01 PM

Anybody find any 2mm coroplast lately? I can find 4mm, but wish I knew where I could find some fairly economical 2mm

jlguru 01-24-2016 06:16 AM

Try Here:

/www.harborsales.net

best to call on the telephone as the ordering process on their web page is not very intuitive and it grossly overestimates shipping cost. The people there are well aware of the use of coroplast for constructing RC planes.

I buy 4'x8' sheets and have Harbor Sales cut them to 2'x4' size to reduce shipping cost.

Live long, and prosper
Jerry L. Gubka

ron ward 03-20-2016 05:30 AM

2 mm. is hard to find around here, also. I stopped at a sign shop in a neighboring town and the guy wanted 30 bucks for a 3ft by 4ft piece of 3mm. !.....oh well, sign shops are out of the question for me.