RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/s-p-d-aircraft-coroplast-design-178/)
-   -   Correx/Coroplast in the UK (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/s-p-d-aircraft-coroplast-design-178/1175002-correx-coroplast-uk.html)

nickr100 10-01-2003 07:40 PM

Correx/Coroplast in the UK

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me where i can get 4mm correx/coroplast in the uk, preferably in scotland????

cheers

nick

grahamd1 10-02-2003 03:34 AM

RE: Correx/Coroplast in the UK

I got 8 x 4 sheet from a company in Letchworth, Herts (D.E.P).

MikeUK 10-02-2003 06:20 AM

My local signwriting shop (in Cheshire) was happy to sell me 8'x4' sheets of white 4mm for £10 after i told them it was for airplanes. My friend works in a supermarket supply depot and gets me occasional 2'x2' sheets of 2mm in slightly used condition for free.

nickr100 10-02-2003 06:24 AM

thanks for the info. i have found a local supplier that is excellent. correx, all sizes, all colours, various sheet sizes from A4- 8'x4'. i have just bought 6 sheets of white 4mm, 3'x3' total = £8 !!!! :)

IainG 10-06-2003 02:55 PM

Hi Nick,

Could you please post details of your local Correx supplier as I live in Ayrshire,Scotland and have been having real difficulties locating a supplier. Do they stock 2mm thick Correx?

Iain

nickr100 10-06-2003 02:59 PM

hi iain,

i get it from a place in kinning park in glasgow. i have had to open an account with them. they do 4mm in all colours and various sizes but i dont know about 2mm, i would have to phone and ask. i will be placing and order with them soon so i could include some for you if they do it. how much are you looking for??

cheers

nick

IainG 10-06-2003 03:14 PM

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the quick response, I would be looking for roughly the following

4mm - 8 pieces 48"x24" flutes running along 48" dimension (or 2 - 8'x4' sheets) colour ?

2mm - 6 pieces 48"x32" flutes running along 32" dimension (or 2 - 8'x4' sheets) colour ?

Iain

nickr100 10-06-2003 03:20 PM

hi iain,

i know they do 4'x3' in all colours (red,blue,gree,yellow,white etc) but i dont know the flute direction, i would presume it would be in the 4' direction i have only bought 2.5' sq sheets so far.

i think from memory the 4'x3's are £4.25ish a sheet. i havent got a price for the 8'x4' cos they wont fit in my car

cheers

nick

IainG 10-06-2003 03:35 PM

Hi Nick,

Could you give me their Phone No. and I will give them a ring and try to get the relevant information.
I need the flutes in 48" direction for the SPA3D wing, 4'x3' seems an odd size for them to cut out of 8'x4' sheets economically (or else they sell a lot of very small pieces) so maybe they are using metric sheets or something.
If I get their No. I will try to find out.

Iain.

nickr100 10-06-2003 03:52 PM

i will did it out again, the wife has filed the piece of paper under 'bin' i think. they are not in the yellow pages, i got hold them from a signwriters. i think they might well be in metric sizes cos the sheets i bought are 705mm sq. as i said i had to open an account becouse i wanted to put it through the bussiness but i suspect they would deal with the public.

where abouts in ayrshire are you?? i fly with CVF at the brand spankin' new field which your welcome to visit with your spad's.

i am also just starting to produce artf spad's, PBF and hopefully in the next couple of weeks the spa3d.

cheers

nick

IainG 10-06-2003 04:26 PM

Thanks for the invitation, I live in Ayr and fly mostly with the Girvan club at Maybole.
I presently have a Ciggy Pack, SPA3D (2 Aileron servos) and a Spadstick under construction.
With regard to your other post I tried elevator/flap mixing on the SPA3D but now have it disabled, used full size servos mounted on the wing in the middle of the ailerons with horns the full width of the ailerons. You may (almost certainly will) have difficulty locating the correct size of aluminium channel for the fuse, I just used 15mmx15mmx1.5mm channel from B&Q (keeps the weight down a bit as well) and mounted the rudder and elevator servos on a cutting board mount, with an SC40 the weight with empty tank was 4lb 1/2oz.
Sean Reid from the Hamilton club used to do ARTF Spads under the name of Plastic Aeroplane Company, but his web site has been down for some time now so I think he may have given it up.
If you could manage to dig out the number of your supplier I would be much obliged as I have been going to Manchester for my Correx, but they only have tranlucent or black which gets a bit boring and they are not the best colours for visibility.

Thanks
Iain.

nickr100 10-06-2003 04:38 PM

supplier is Europoint Display 0141 4276111

IainG 10-06-2003 05:22 PM

Nick

Thanks for the info.

Iain

Coroplast 09-12-2018 12:01 AM

Hi, Nick.

If you need a lot of Coroplast, you can choose to import from China. I used to buy Correx sheet in Jianxin Plastics in Dongguan, China. The price is very cheap and the quality is very good.
Grace
best regards