Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Scale Racing
Reload this Page >

SAM 2011 Race Series Rules and Dates

Community
Search
Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

SAM 2011 Race Series Rules and Dates

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 02:53 PM
Jimmy Skids
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SAM 2011 Race Series Rules and Dates

Hello Everyone,

Listed below are the 2011 Warbird race dates for SAM's (the Sacramento Area Modelers).

April 3rd - Big Kahuna Classic

May 15th - name TBD

June 12th - name TBD

July 24th - Tres Amigos

Sept 24-25th - Trashman Classic

Attached are the 2011 rules. The SAM site waiver has been approved and the new times are a go.

Bronze 2:25
Silver 1:55
Gold 1:25

Should make for some fun racing.

Jimmy Skids
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Ec89712.pdf (61.8 KB, 11 views)
Old 01-20-2011, 06:18 PM
Todd Chandler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SAM 2011 Race Series Rules and Dates

Let me be the first to ask....

Will Dale change the "Two Minute Tango" race to the...

"One Minute and Fifty Five Second Tango"

Or ___________?
Old 01-20-2011, 07:26 PM
Jimmy Skids
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe there will not be a tango. In speaking with Dale (Super K), he said he was going to take the year off in response to my question of 2 minutes or 1.55 minutes. I believe next year he will keep it as the two minute tango with that time.

Skids
Old 01-20-2011, 08:29 PM
pjakew
My Feedback: (4)

Im loving the new bronze time. This should make things interesting, at least until everybody gets their rigs calibrated and then they start B$#%^ing about these new times being too slow . Thanks for posts of the dates Jimmy. Now I know which days to start feeling sick and to call in for work.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:05 PM
pjakew

BTW: I wonder what the whiner Roy Batty will be thinking about these time changes?
Old 01-21-2011, 10:06 AM
roy batty

ORIGINAL: pjakew

BTW: I wonder what the whiner Roy Batty will be thinking about these time changes?
Pardon me sir, but I do not whinge.
Besides, why would you care about my opinion?

With respect to the time change. It is done.

Use caution in the future, I shudder to think of where your Macchi might be left hanging next time.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:15 AM
the Cable Guy

I made a mistake with the dates, Sac Town Smack Down race will be on May 15th not 22nd like I said. I apologize for my mistake.

May 15th - Sac Town Smack Down

I hope to see all of you coming to our races.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:58 AM
Casey Leadfoot Smith

Pylonpalooza is the name on June 12th. Took a while to figure out a name but thanks to Skids for saying leadfoot lalapalooza for a name and Pylonpalooza was born.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:12 AM
pjakew

Hey guys, I have this coming week off and will be in Sacramento on Tuesday. Is the field usually open on Tuesdays? I don't know if you have any members that are out there during the week, but I was wanting to practice the course a little bit since I will be in the area.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:13 PM
MONGO44

Practice....what is that. Never heard of that before..>LOL
Old 02-20-2011, 06:19 PM
Iron Dog

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Jake,

Yes, the field is open every day. There is a prettyregular crowd out on Tuesdays; so, as long as the weather is good, you should find plenty of people out there. Tuesdays and Fridays arecalled the "Geriatric Club", it is usually the days that the retired flyers are out there. The field should be open as early as 8:00 am, andfor sure by 8:30, one of the club members will have arrived and unlocked the gate for you. (Again, this is assuming decent weather.)

Good luck, and have fun. I'm sure Jim Sweeney would be happy to time you, if you want.

Ollie
Old 02-20-2011, 08:09 PM
pjakew

Thanks Ollie for the info.

It will be nice to practice once before the races. I got some Y.S. motors that I am having a hell of a time keeping running so maybe somebody out there with better "knowhow" than me can tell me what I am doing wrong and teach me to stop screwing up my motors. I can't seem to keep the idle on a 91FZ in my 190 and it is driving me bonkers to the extreme. I will bring lots of fuel and even more patience [:@].
Old 02-20-2011, 08:34 PM
Iron Dog

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You'll likely see Jim &/or Dan Hughes. Both will likely be more than willing to help. They are both great with YS engines, and both have plenty of experience with YS .91s, specifically.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:43 PM
pjakew

Great, because I could use all the help I can get.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:28 PM
pjakew

Well, had a fine time at the flying field. Your AARP flyers gave me some good tips and I was able to get my YS running better than when I started. Thank you SAMS for your hospitality. I got 5 practice heats in with my Veltro and 190. I guess that is the only true practice I get until the first race.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:23 PM
pjakew

Hey guys and gals:

I was just working on a plane and thinking about the upcoming season. It seems that there has been an increase in the pilots racing since I started racing with you guys about four years ago. It also seems that with the increase in pilots (usually over 40+) causes a bit of a crunch for table space for the pilots. Although I have not had too much trouble with hospitality with buddying up with people such as Ollie, Serg, Rob or (fill in the blannk), it does make it disheartening for flyers who come from out of the area (Bay Area, Nevada County, Nevada State!!!) and there is little to no space since others stake their claims for tables a day or two in advance. A kind of pit area social darwinism.

A Possible Solution: What if the club sold reserved table space for groups of 3 in advance. Example. A group of three pilots sign up for a table, pay the 5-10 bucks and has it reserved for the race(you could number the tables and assign each group a specific table). If you don't reserve a table you are leaving yourself open to chance or luck. This way it solves table space issues, ensures table space for those that want it, and the money could go to the to each day's purse prizes. or end of the year points.

Just something to consider I guess.....
Old 03-03-2011, 10:13 AM
JPGale

All,

Well it is official, I will be missing the first race of the season. Me and my Fiancee have just entered into contract to buy a house that closes at the same kind of time, I also will be spending considerable build time on this so I doubt the plane will be ready to fly in time either. I will see all of you hopefully for the second race of the year.

Fly fast and turn left.

James
Old 03-06-2011, 09:34 AM
pjakew

ORIGINAL: pjakew

Hey guys and gals:

I was just working on a plane and thinking about the upcoming season. It seems that there has been an increase in the pilots racing since I started racing with you guys about four years ago. It also seems that with the increase in pilots (usually over 40+) causes a bit of a crunch for table space for the pilots. Although I have not had too much trouble with hospitality with buddying up with people such as Ollie, Serg, Rob or (fill in the blannk), it does make it disheartening for flyers who come from out of the area (Bay Area, Nevada County, Nevada State!!!) and there is little to no space since others stake their claims for tables a day or two in advance. A kind of pit area social darwinism.

A Possible Solution: What if the club sold reserved table space for groups of 3 in advance. Example. A group of three pilots sign up for a table, pay the 5-10 bucks and has it reserved for the race(you could number the tables and assign each group a specific table). If you don't reserve a table you are leaving yourself open to chance or luck. This way it solves table space issues, ensures table space for those that want it, and the money could go to the to each day's purse prizes. or end of the year points.

Just something to consider I guess.....
I guess nobody is open to this idea. [&o]
Old 03-07-2011, 10:32 PM
MONGO44

James....it is over.

First you tell me you got engaged, then you tell me you are not going to be at the race all in the same week.......it has already started. Run while you can!!!!

Congrats on the engagement and the new house. When is the date so we can plan the bachelor party?
Old 03-22-2011, 10:58 PM
the Cable Guy

Hello everyone, we are less than two weeks away from our first race of the 2011 season. I see many pilots are already ready for the great races we are going to have this year. I just want to let everyone know that if you have not done your registrations yet, check out our brand new SacramentoWarbird.com registration website; to register for the race, you can even pay with your PayPal account, debit card, or credit card. By doing an early registration you will help our staff and will also save $10 (Late registration fee).

www.SacramentoWarbird.com

Marcelo