Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Czech Mate / Perestroika

ORIGINAL: Iron Dog

Gorgeous, Chad!
    Thanks for checking in Iron Dog, much appreciated.

ORIGINAL: jeffk464

You know I'm thinking this plane would be about perfect for a DLE20. How does it come out balance wise? think the DLE20 would require tailweight? Can you post what engine you used and how much lead you had to put in the nose for balance. I might be interested in one of these.

Are there any paint schemes besides chrome?
    Hi Jeff, the blue and chrome prototype seen on previous pages is powered by a YS 1.20 which required the flight pack battery to be installed just forward of the tailwheel for proper balance. My airplane seen above will be getting a DLE 20 but it has not been mounted yet. I don't know how it compares to the YS for weight but I imagine that I will be able to achieve the proper CG using battery placement and will not have to resort to any dead weight. I would rather not have to put my battery in the tail but we will see! I will be sure to post my results here as soon as the engine and other components are installed and I have an idea of what is required.

On a related note the fiberglass cowl is molded about an inch longer than scale to allow lighter motors to be pushed forward a bit if necessary. The prototype only weighed about 9.5 pounds and would fly just fine on a .61 size two stroke or .90 size four stroke for those who just want a mild sport flyer. The extra inch in the cowling would help some with balance and does not effect the appearance at all in my opinion. Please note that my cowl has been cut back to the scale dimensions since I will be using the heavier DLE gasser.

Regarding paint schemes there are not any scale ones that do not include a bare aluminum fuselage for "Czech Mate" or "Perestroika". There are other modified Yak racers with various paint schemes but none of them with the cowl/canopy arrangement shown on my plans. I am working on revising the plans so that those other versions could be built but it will be a while since it involves making the tooling for an entirely different cowl and canopy. I am also adding flaps to the design for those who would like to have them. Here are some examples which could be duplicated based on my revised plan when I get it finished. (It may be a while!)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Hi Chad,

Its been awhile since I have followed this thread but I found a U-tube video you might appreciate.

Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/rtsEd2VPZtg

Carlos G
    Sig Kadet Brotherhood #84

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Thanks for the link Carlos. I have seen that video before and it is spectacular, although it does not end well for "Czech Mate" unfortunately! I am currently working on a large scale Macchi 202 for a customer which may very well end up with one of those Kolm inline triples when it's all finished. What a sound!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I have posted a short-kit for the Czech Mate / Perestroika for sale at the link below if anyone is interested. Includes all the laser cut parts, full size printed plans, and the fiberglass cowl. I only have one so first come first served!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/ite...144&electric=0

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234