Community
Search
Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

Czech Mate / Perestroika

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 09:06 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: Czech Mate / Perestroika

Well, I did not really intend to market a finished set of plans for the Czech Mate/Perestroika racer but circumstances caused me to reconsider. The plans are very nearly finished, just need to wrap up the third sheet with all the templates. I am working with a gentleman who owns a small plans business and is interested in purchasing the rights to the plan. If that does not work out I will offer the plan myself and a cowl and canopy should be available as well. There is even a chance of a laser cut short kit. While the Yak certainly can be made competitive in racing it is also proving to be a good sport flyer and is not beyond the capabilities of anyone who is comfortable flying a low wing sport model. If you have interest in building one please let me know and I will add you to my contact list and keep you apprised of any updates. I will also be releasing a stock Yak-11 version of the plan in the future as well.

[email protected]

Old 05-17-2012, 08:08 PM
Chad Veich

Thank you to those who have responded expressing interest in the Czech Mate/Perestroika plans. They are now complete and will be available soon. The plans comprise four sheets as shown above and includes all the templates necessary to scratch build the airplane. While all the details have yet to be worked out I'm relatively certain that a short kit will be offered either by myself or by one of the kit cutters. The airplane is CAD designed and utlizes many interlocking components which, while certainly not impossible, would make hand cutting the parts rather time consuming. I would also like to express that the design assumes at least a modicum of experience on the part of the builder and thus some details such as engine and radio installation are not shown but left to the discretion of the modeler. For those who have contacted me regarding the design I will be sure to keep you updated via email in regards to when and where the plans, accessories, and kits will be available. If the highly modified racer does not appeal to you then stay tuned as a stock Yak-11 version is also in the works.

Thanks!
Old 08-28-2012, 06:58 PM
tdstaf
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Chad Veich

Well, I did not really intend to market a finished set of plans for the Czech Mate/Perestroika racer but circumstances caused me to reconsider. The plans are very nearly finished, just need to wrap up the third sheet with all the templates. I am working with a gentleman who owns a small plans business and is interested in purchasing the rights to the plan. If that does not work out I will offer the plan myself and a cowl and canopy should be available as well. There is even a chance of a laser cut short kit. While the Yak certainly can be made competitive in racing it is also proving to be a good sport flyer and is not beyond the capabilities of anyone who is comfortable flying a low wing sport model. If you have interest in building one please let me know and I will add you to my contact list and keep you apprised of any updates. I will also be releasing a stock Yak-11 version of the plan in the future as well.

[email protected]

Chad
I really like the format layout of your title block and notes. Is it possile to get a clearer look at it to modifiy mine?

Thanks Tim
Old 08-29-2012, 07:20 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Time to update that bird?

Old 08-29-2012, 07:55 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Oh HELLNO!!! It just don't look right with the F-86 wing and tail
Old 08-29-2012, 08:01 PM
JohnVH

I agree, but it is unique!
Old 08-29-2012, 08:38 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

That it is. My guess is that it would fly a 2 pylon course like crap
Old 08-29-2012, 08:39 PM
JohnVH

my problem, is they ruined a perfectly good f86 to steal parts (Im assuming)
Old 08-29-2012, 09:32 PM
Carlos G

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HAHAHH,

Pretty good photo shop job

Carlos G.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:52 PM
Chad Veich

ORIGINAL: tdstaf

I really like the format layout of your title block and notes. Is it possile to get a clearer look at it to modifiy mine?
Here you go Tim, nothing too special about it. Happy to answer any questions you might have.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:52 AM
tdstaf

Here you go Tim, nothing too special about it. Happy to answer any questions you might have.

Thanks Chad

Old 11-18-2012, 05:14 PM
Chad Veich

My own "Perestroika" inches closer to completion. Robert Vogel agreed to finish up the construction of the airplane to the point of being ready for finish work and he has nearly completed it. The cowl plug was sent off to the mold maker several weeks ago and I hope to have the first glass cowls very soon. Need to do a bit of clean up work on the canopy plug but that is a no brainer so the plans and parts are essentially to the point of being available. I hope to get my airplane finished up early in the new year and start flying! The shape of this thing really gets my heart pumping and I love just looking at it. Can't wait to finally get it up and flying.

Here's my paint scheme.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:20 AM
ARUP

What a ride!
Old 11-19-2012, 10:53 PM
tdstaf

Thanks Chad

Chad,
Hope you don't mind me using your builders note in its intirety?
It's perfect..
Tim
Old 11-20-2012, 09:08 AM
Chad Veich

Don't mind at all Tim, have at it.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:04 PM
Chad Veich

If any of you guys want to get in on the first run of fiberglass cowls please let me know ASAP. They are going to run $35 each plus shipping. The canopies will be $10 each by the way.

Thanks!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Chad Veich

Fiberglass cowls have arrived and they look great. I have been debating on and off since this project started about whether I would race it or not. With the recent closing of Speedworld, and thus the loss of our biggest racing venue, I have decided it will be sport flyer only. That's the bad news. The good news is that the OS 1.20AX was swapped for a DLE 20 and she will be getting substantially more detail added to the finish. Really hoping to take this bird to the finish line early in the coming year so stay tuned for updates!

Old 12-17-2012, 10:34 AM
C_Roundy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh my gosh!!!, is SpeedWorld really gone forever?

I always planned on trekking there just to feel the vibe.

dammit...

How can I possibly say Merry Christmas to you now. I am deeply sorry Chad.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40686.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	1831147  
Old 12-17-2012, 11:37 AM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speedworld is definitely on hold for the time being.. Long story, there is a bit of it over on the NMPRA forums. Glad I got to make the trek there a few times and enjoyed my racing there, it will be missed.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:01 PM
Chad Veich

ORIGINAL: C_Roundy

Oh my gosh!!!, is SpeedWorld really gone forever?

I always planned on trekking there just to feel the vibe.

dammit...

How can I possibly say Merry Christmas to you now. I am deeply sorry Chad.
Thanks Charles for the "condolances" but I'm not overly affected by the closing myself as I don't personally race nor did I fly out at Speedworld. Always sad to see any club get shut down and particularly one as active as Pro Flyers was though. I hope they can get the issues worked out eventually but it doesn't look promising at this point. I've heard that they are looking at a couple of other options so I'm sure they will continue to exist and operate as a club in some manner. Heck, maybe they will stumble into something even better! We can hope anyway right? The west side of Phoenix could certainly use a few more good flying fields. Absolute stunning Rare Bear by the way. Any chance you ever get to any of the scale/warbird events at PVMAC? I hope to attend one of their events next year and would love to get Perestroika and the Bear together. Heck, we could have an impromptu gathering of Reno birds just for fun!
Old 12-18-2012, 08:44 AM
PLANEBENDER
My Feedback: (3)

The last time I was there the place was called Pheonix Raceway Park. I won the NHRA event that I went for and was going back and forth in the parking lot to fly between qualifing rounds. 1999.

Planebender
Old 12-18-2012, 08:50 AM
Chad Veich

ORIGINAL: PLANEBENDER

The last time I was there the place was called Pheonix Raceway Park. I won the NHRA event that I went for and was going back and forth in the parking lot to fly between qualifing rounds. 1999.

Planebender
Yes the entire venue is referred to as Phoenix Raceway Park. I do not think it is the park as a whole that is being shut down, just certain segments of it including the r/c flying field.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:12 PM
Chad Veich

Baby steps. I've managed to get the rudder built for my Perestroika and get the cowl cut to fit around the leading edge. Next items on the agenda will be carving the plugs for the canopy and the tailwheel hatch. (The canopy in the pics is from a "Critical Mass" Sea Fury and does not fit as well as I would like.) Once that is done all the accessories will be available to go with the plans and I will be pursuing a vendor for a laser cut short kit. I absolutely love this thing from every angle and cannot wait to get it done and in the air.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:48 PM
Iron Dog

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gorgeous, Chad!
Old 02-19-2013, 02:17 PM
jeffk464

You know I'm thinking this plane would be about perfect for a DLE20. How does it come out balance wise? think the DLE20 would require tailweight? Can you post what engine you used and how much lead you had to put in the nose for balance. I might be interested in one of these.

Are there any paint schemes besides chrome?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.