Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Scale Racing
Reload this Page >

Sacramento Area Modelers Race June 12th - Pylonpalooza

Community
Search
Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

Sacramento Area Modelers Race June 12th - Pylonpalooza

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Racewizard
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sacramento Area Modelers Race June 12th - Pylonpalooza

Hey Guys I have a question I know someone in the SAM club can answer. If I prepay for a race and for some reason can't make it what happens? Do I loose it, get reimbursed or what?

Babe
Old 06-06-2011, 07:09 PM
pjakew
My Feedback: (4)

Alright, I just registered for this one. I hope that does not seal the fate for the weather . I got my salsa recipe ready to go and will whip up a batch Friday night. I have Senior graduation Saturday morning so I will not get out of Willits until about 1:00. I should be there Saturday evening around 5:00 to fly, eat, and drink. Hey Serg, if you read this check your messages. I shot one to ya.

BTW: Jimmy, any update on the points? Would be nice for all the fliers, especially the crowd that did not make it out, to see where they stand
Old 06-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Jimmy Skids

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jake,
I'll try to get with JR (Trashman) and see if he has updated the numbers yet. After the last race I think he took a little time off racing to focus on his business and unwind. But I don't think you have much to worry about with the points. I believe you're pretty far behind Roy.
Skids
Old 06-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Casey Leadfoot Smith

ORIGINAL: pjakew

Alright, I just registered for this one. I hope that does not seal the fate for the weather . I got my salsa recipe ready to go and will whip up a batch Friday night. I have Senior graduation Saturday morning so I will not get out of Willits until about 1:00. I should be there Saturday evening around 5:00 to fly, eat, and drink. Hey Serg, if you read this check your messages. I shot one to ya.

BTW: Jimmy, any update on the points? Would be nice for all the fliers, especially the crowd that did not make it out, to see where they stand

Hey Jake, as far as points go for the year in bronze I believe Steve Nickerson had two points more then second and third for the year which was 11 points at the first race and because Bianca and steve were the only two to enter bronze at the last race, points have spread out a lot! Bianca crashed the first heat race so steve raced by himself all day. He had a perfect 20 point day and so he has 31 points for the year and second has 9 points for the year. I believe this to be the points in bronze for the year so far.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Iron Dog

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Okay . .. I'm in!

Got the yellow andpurpleP-51 repaired, recovered, and in flyable condition (it still needs some more trim, though). Of course I haven't flown it since last year, and have no idea what I'm gonna have to do to make it fly 7 seconds faster than it flew back then, to get it at 1:55; but, what the heck! Maybe this time out, the wind will give me a break on Saturday, and allow me to take her up a couple times before the race. (Still mourning over the loss of both my P-39s last time out.) Take it easy on me guys, I don't have any more back-ups!

Casey, do you have a registration fromLoren B., yet? I hope he wasable toget something put together in time to come down here and fly, too.

Noel, any news on postingthe video of my mid-air with Loren? (If you've posted it, I don't know where the video has beenposted; and I'd reallylove to see it.)
Old 06-06-2011, 10:48 PM
skymasterone

Babe,

You would get a full refund if you couldn't make the race.

Biff
Old 06-07-2011, 04:56 AM
Casey Leadfoot Smith

Ok Jake sorry, I was a little bit wrong. I just saw the points and it looks like you are in second tied with Bianca with 9 points but you have her beat on time. Steve Nickerson is in first with 32 points because he was the only person to score points at the last race.

Hey Ollie, it's great to hear you are going to make it! It would be a race without you. Make sure to get that entry form in early. I don't have one For Loren B yet. In fact I don't have one for many people yet. So far I have 4 entrys, Skids, Bushman, Noel H, and Matt C. I think there might be a couple more I don't have yet from Sacramentowarbird.com but J.R. will email me those entrys when they come in.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:02 PM
delateurj

Mick Crawley and I will be there.

Mick with a 115 Dago Red in Gold.

I'll be flying my Rockwell with the .75 in Silver.

Looking forward to it.

- Joe DeLateur.

Old 06-07-2011, 05:21 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

OK Just registered. Going to hit Tomcats tomorrow eve for some practice laps.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:24 PM
pjakew

ORIGINAL: skymasterone

Babe,

Biff
Hey if that's the case, can I get a refund for not making the "Rain and Thunder" Fest?
Old 06-07-2011, 05:27 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

ORIGINAL: skymasterone

Babe,

Biff
Hey if that's the case, can I get a refund for not making the "Rain and Thunder" Fest?

He said Babe would get a refund...............................NOT JAKE!!! hahahahahah

Old 06-07-2011, 05:36 PM
skymasterone

If you paid and didn't show, then you would be refunded that amount or the money would be applied to the next race.

Biff
Old 06-07-2011, 06:09 PM
pjakew

Actually I wouldn't even want a refund, just have it go towards the next race is good enough for me.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Casey Leadfoot Smith

Actually I wouldn't even want a refund, just have it go towards the next race is good enough for me.
Jake, I talked to J.R. and he is having trouble finding your entry for the last race and he wants you to call him. If you don't have his number I can pm it to you.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Racewizard

Ok, thanks Biff appreciate the info on the clubs policy, either refund or post it for the next race. Went out today for a few warm up laps, gained a little more speed changing to another prop. Sean might be out tomorrow for a bit.

Babe
Old 06-07-2011, 09:35 PM
pjakew

Better send me the number, gonna need it [8D]
Old 06-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Iron Dog

ORIGINAL: Casey Leadfoot Smith

I predict a nice sunny day with some great racing!
I'm holding you to it, Casey!

(I'm hoping to have a FULL day of great racing, this time. Just sitting on the sidelines waiting to pick up the pieces(and praying theincoming rain cellin the distance wouldmiss ruining my electronics, too)sucked!

So, she's finished up, and should be all ready for practice on Saturday:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89865.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	1620989   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr56161.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	1620990  
Old 06-09-2011, 06:18 AM
Casey Leadfoot Smith

Looks good Ollie! I think my prediction is going to be correct. Weather is looking great!
Old 06-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Jimmy Skids

OK, as promised here are the season totals for the Series. Three more days until the Pylonpalooza.
Skids

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Fd90586.pdf (16.3 KB, 18 views)
Old 06-09-2011, 09:56 PM
pjakew

That seems kind of silly having one pilot compete in Bronze, even if the rest of the field does not show up due to sketchy weather. You guys should have a quota of at least 3 pilots competing in each category in order for a race in that class to commence. It totally destroys the competition for high points in the class for the remainder of the season. If I showed up to the race and only 1 other pilot in my class showed up, I would ask for a refund and compete next month, or bring a silver plane and mix it up with the bigger boys. If I wanted to just race myself I could do that for free at my home field. Something the CDs should consider next year.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:16 AM
Jimmy Skids

That seems kind of silly having one pilot compete in Bronze, even if the rest of the field does not show up due to sketchy weather. You guys should have a quota of at least 3 pilots competing in each category in order for a race in that class to commence. It totally destroys the competition for high points in the class for the remainder of the season. If I showed up to the race and only 1 other pilot in my class showed up, I would ask for a refund and compete next month, or bring a silver plane and mix it up with the bigger boys. If I wanted to just race myself I could do that for free at my home field. Something the CDs should consider next year.
Jake,
Interesting point. Now some other information and then the counter point. There were two pilots registered in Bronze. The second pilot crashed in heat one and thus 0 points for the event.

I've always view the competition for high points as a year long commitment (kind of the battle vs. war idea). We can not control the weather, but once the schedule is in place we will do our best to hold the event(s). If you are "fighting" to be the points leader at the end of the season (ie win the war) you have to make the events (ie each battle). Standing in/up for our one pilot that posted points for the bronze event. He prepped for the race, showed up in the aweful condidtions, and scaraficed his equipment and airplane to the elements. He could of just as easily had a mid-air, hit the pylon, crashed, had equipment problems, etc and gotten a zero. Instead he posted four rounds of points and times.

I'm not a CD, and only help to put on the events so in no way do I speak for the CD's or other pilots. Maybe all the CD's and other pilots would agree with your position, my personal opinion is that points be awarded.... this will encourage people to make the effort to make the event even if the weather is questionable. I understand it's hard on those out of town, but others from out of town made (took the gamble) the trip.

Skids
Old 06-10-2011, 08:31 PM
pjakew

Went to the store and got my secret ingredients for Big Jake's Salsa. Someone let Tommy know that he is in for a complete rear stompin in this "Salsa Throwdown." The pick below should say it all. Are your knees knocking yet Tommy??? I should be there around 5 or 6 with the chips and salsa.

BTW: Could someone tell Roy Batty to stop tweeting me those Anthony Weiner pics, it is getting a little annoying
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91444.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	1621626  
Old 06-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Iron Dog

I agree with Skids.

Especially beings so many of the pilots that compete tend to wait until the last minute (or nearly the last minute) to register. The CDs often have no idea whether a certain class is going to end up filling out, or not, until the morning of the race, when everyone is already supposed to be here.

So, when you state, "You guys should have a quota of at least 3 pilots competing in each category in order for a race in that class to commence", nowput the shoe on the other foot . . .

You assume, as most of us do that there will likely be at least 5 or 6 competing in Bronze, as usual. You know that you and another pilot have registered and you've been looking forward to putting your newest racer on the course. You drive all the way down here from out of town the day before to practice, join us for the BBQ Saturday night,either pay for a hotelroom or"rough it" overnight (and get a lousy night's sleep 'cause Tommy snores like a beast), andget everything prepped and ready to go Sunday morning. Come 8:30am, the CD breaks you the news, "Sorry Jake, but no one else registered. We're going to have to cancel the class for this race."You, and the other pilot,have now invested alot of time, money, and inconvenience for nothing. I think you'd both be pretty disappointed, to say the least. (I know I wouldbe!)

Winning the high points for the year takes commitment (as well as skill, and at leastsome luck; ie., no mid-airs). I hope I don't come across as anything less than polite with this,I'm just being arealist . . .If you really want it, you have to commit FULLY.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:56 PM
pjakew

Well...to tell you the truth if I came down to race and only I showed up in my class, I would probably just ask for a refund and think more seriously about moving up into Silver. If it happened more than once, I would just write off Bronze all together and move up to Silver just so I get to compete in a broader field of pilots. The probability of 3 or less racers in that category showing up is highly unlikely, if not impossible. It just seems kind of "oddbally" and inefficient if you have just one person in a heat by themselves for the whole day. Granted, there were two pilots at the beginning of the day, but even that doesn't seem like something worth competing in. I come to race to mix it up with different pilots, but the numbers in Bronze is dwindling which increases the incentive to bump up to the next level. To me the competition with others is what is important and it is the soul of what racing is. Maybe I am a tad more Draconian in my thinking when it comes to a "quota" idea, but even when we had the final race and there would be one pilot flying by himself due to bracket setups, it just never felt right to me.

Oh well, Im not a CD or club member so I have about ooooohhhhhh............... ZERO percent clout as it pertains this issue so I can either deal with it, or just move up to Silver, no sense getting "uppity" about something I have no control over .
Old 06-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Jimmy Skids

Well Jake might just want to hang out in Bronze for awhile based upon how well he did today.

Here are the results from the race today. Once I get the link to some of the photos I'll post them as well. We had 41 pilots compete in near perfect conditions. With 41 pilots competing it made for a long day. Many thanks to all the workers who gave their time and energy to make the race successful.

Bronze:
1st Place Jake Williams
2nd Place Kent McLain
3rd Place Steve Weintraub

Silver:
1st Place Casey Smith
2nd Place Marcelo DaSilva
3rd Place Raymond Brindos

Gold:
1st Place Jim Smith
2nd Place Logan Shaw
3rd Place Tim Sorenson

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.