Community
Search
Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

WM T-34 Prices

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 11:12 AM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default WM T-34 Prices

The WM T-34 is now up to 160.00 dollars. i want to know everyones thoughts on this price and if should move on to another airframe. You are looking at over 300 dollars just for an engine and airframe.

there is talks at our field of looking at another airframe like the LA racer which is 30 dollars cheaper or the Skyraider II at 110.00 dollars.

I think these prices will continue to grow till the plane is over 190 dollars. so what are your thoughts. just suck it up or new air frame?
Old 08-29-2012, 09:50 AM
airraptor

Default RE: WM T-34 Prices

I guess everyone is happy with the prices of the WM T-34?
Old 08-30-2012, 03:07 PM
gutboy17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is just economy.

Here at the Ash Creek Field in Redding/Anderson, CA we run the Turn & Burn Series which is a version of the Club 40 racing. We started out about 3 years ago running a 2 pylon T-34 race series with the allowance of WM Skyraiders Mach IIs and LA Racers. Over time it has evolved to the series as it is today. We allow WM T-34s, LA Racers, and Skyraider Mach IIs with .46 non-race engines to race a 10 lap, 2 pylon, 600ft course. At first we had a pretty even mix of all of the airplanes. As soon as everyone saw that the T-34 were a little bit slower, the field shifted to LA Racers and Mach IIs. Then we saw that the Mach IIs were just that much quicker than the LA Racers. Now all of the airplanes racing are Mach IIs. We still allow all to race in our series. I personally liked to the looks of the LA Racer myself, but I don't race anymore, since I run most of the races. The Skyraider Mach IIs with the .46AX put on a good exciting race. If you are ever interested in our race come on up, we run a race about every other month (next race is Oct. 7th).
Old 08-30-2012, 03:34 PM
airraptor

I may do that some time. i am in fairfield and i am in the Triangle series. two of those races i have to drive around three hours one way to go race.

we may start looking at doing that also in our T-34 race stuff. I will have to bring up at next club meeting. maybe can get the triangle guys on board. we can switch planes on WM then when the prices drop back now on the T-34's lol can switch back.