Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RCPRO 2013 World Points

Hi Guys,

Here are the World points standings after the first race of the season.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Db84480.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	1854793   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yt61993.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	1854794   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ze85344.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	1854795  
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply.
    Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: RCPRO 2013 World Points

Here are the RCPRO World Points following the Victor Valley Race.

Name:	Db84647.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	1875241   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kf14620.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	1875242   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yd82312.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	1875243  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: RCPRO 2013 World Points

Here are the World Points standings following the St George, UT race. Enjoy!

Name:	Mk27692.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	150.5 KB 
ID:	1883861   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vr53274.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	152.9 KB 
ID:	1883862   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Va72334.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	104.3 KB 
ID:	1883863  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Hi guys,

Here are the World Points following the July Race in Cedar Utah.

Name:	WorldChampPoints2013 7-20-2013 bronze-page-0.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	362.9 KB 
ID:	1911913   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WorldChampPoints2013 7-20-2013 Gold-page-0.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	218.4 KB 
ID:	1911914   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WorldChampPoints2013 7-20-2013 silver-page-0.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	293.8 KB 
ID:	1911915  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Hi Guys,

Here are the World Points standings following the August 24th race in Chino Valley, UT

Name:	WorldChampPoints2013 8-20-2013 Bronze.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	290.3 KB 
ID:	1918380   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WorldChampPoints2013 8-20-2013 Gold.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	161.5 KB 
ID:	1918381   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WorldChampPoints2013 8-20-2013 Silver.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	259.7 KB 
ID:	1918383  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    So you guys are just gonna stand by and let an ELECTRIC take World Points in the Gold Class again? For the THIRD year in a row?

I'm surprised that some aren't clamoring for a rule change

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I wouldn't call it standing by. Chris has been earning those points.

Yep, Chris has been taking the time and making the effort to get to the races and rack up them points. I think there is something in the water their in AZ.

Miss seeing all of you and cant wait til next year to add more variety to the field- hopefully. Those elec's sure do run nice at altitude. We are working on a new Gold racer that Verano has built and will see what its time will be. He just ran a 1:14 clean, with a slighly bigger version. This should give Chris some serious competition.

I for one would like to see them take off with us at the proper time rather than at the last minute. At least in Gold. If they are gonna race, make em race the way we all do. Either way, I think next year will be more of a chance to compete with them.

Hows that for clamoring Tony??
    Race101
    YS Engines
    Team JR AMERICAS
    Waymire Decaling

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Marty,

With an electric, the first lap's always the best and they get progressively worse. Why waste it on pace laps?

Besides.....as long as we launch before the last pace lap starts, that IS the 'proper time', at least as far as the rules are concerned, and you know how much of a stickler I am when it comes to rules. Oh, wait......I mis-spoke.......MY BAD....when it comes to rules, I tend to lean more toward the 'blatant disregard' edge of the line ��
    Last edited by Tony Pacini; 09-11-2013 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Corrected spelling error

Hmmm I thought we had a start clock and a race clock. One to get in the air by and the other to start by? If you werent in the air by the end of the start clock you couldnt go up and get on the race clock?? Thought it was for safety reasons keeping planes flowing and not allowing a late starter to bolt up into the path of the others diving in for the start? Maybe I am confusing the other race venues I pretend to participate in.

And Tony you have always been a cheater llooking to find what the rules dont say and then do that rather than what they do say and do those.

Oh wait, thats me, never mind Im getting all confused here now.

But its all a wash any way. After the new frame and wing versions come out those quiet clean sissy elec's will be obsolete.
    They will be fast in the bronze class though. And maybe use the lipos to charge my rx batteries for me between heats.
    I may have to loan you my plane to put your stuff in so you can keep up next year.
    Race101
    YS Engines
    Team JR AMERICAS
    Waymire Decaling

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by MFLOOD3800 View Post
    Yep, Chris has been taking the time and making the effort to get to the races and rack up them points.
    He's been doing more that just making the races. He's been just above breakout consistently. He's not leading just because he shows up. Forget about the plane Verano built. Where's the one that you built?

Anyone can go fast if they just buy fast planes.

There is a race next weekend. Bring that Verano plane and break out. We only go 1:30, unlike those other venues you pretend to participate in.

At our race, yo are welcome to sit on the runway and take off with the electrics if you think it will help. I seem to remember you doing that very thing when you were worried about the small tank that someone installed in your plane when they built it.

If I could build I would. My skill set is in the ARF area. I cant seem to fly as well as you and others, with an ARF, so I need a faster plane to keep up. If this bothers you I apologize.
    Everyone knows you gotta show up to even have a chance to be "consistent" and win a title. Not taking anything away from Chris, he is earning his points by doing both.

I have never sat on the runway and waited for the Race Clock. Maybe the tail end of the Start Clock. And that was in an ARF that myself and some close chinese friends over seas built.
    Race101
    YS Engines
    Team JR AMERICAS
    Waymire Decaling

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    The breakout effectively levels the playing field and negates any potential advantage that one power system may have over another.

Our main concern should be the safety aspect of a late launcher joining up with the field during the last few seconds before the start of the race. Let me get back to you on this.

I agree about the break out time once were on the course racing cause thats only when the break out matters.
    Welcom back to the states Tony, I personally miss racing with you!
    Race101
    YS Engines
    Team JR AMERICAS
    Waymire Decaling

And let me be clear, I am FOR electrics and what ever is neccesary for them to compete. I will enjoy beating them for the trophy as I have EVERY time I have raced against them

IM NOT SKERRED!!
    Race101
    YS Engines
    Team JR AMERICAS
    Waymire Decaling

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    There is no advantage to waiting on the runway till the last part of the countdown other than it preserves precious amperes in the batteries of the electric powered plane. Myself, I would much rather have a few pace laps to get settled and set up for my start. When flying a nitro plane, I am usually the first one in the air. The YS tends to get faster as the race progresses, however, the electric gets slower from the instant you start drawing electrons from the battery. The only folks I have heard complaining about an E/P plane waiting until the last few seconds to launch are the folks who have lost to one. I have yet to see it affect the safety of the beginning of a race. In three pole racing, all the planes start together within a second or two.

Hey Marty, just kidding with you, didn't mean to offend. Supposed to be a few guys coming from Utah next week. You joining them?

Blessings, Terry

Terry,
    I am PRO electric and what ever it takes for them to compete in Gold. We need the racers and these guys spend a lot more money than we do on a YS engine. Poor fools!!

The 3 pole start has all racers on ground going same direction, a flying start creates the potential for mishaps, but racing in itself creates that doesnt it?

The advantage the electrics gain by not observing the rules is what makes them competitive. If they followed the rules and went up on the start clock they would be where they are, thats all I was saying. I have suggested making the start clock and race closk one continuos clock and state in rule that they have to be airborne by a set time. That way new racers visiting the rcpro event wont issue complaints (as I have heard from only 2 people, but 2 people did notice it).

I do NOT want this to become a big deal, I just thought if we veer off from the rules it creates the potential for problems.

I cant make the Hesperia race cause I committed to Richard already. Id like to be there and spank the electrics again but it just isnt in the plan for now

You guys always do a great job and I love RCPRO. I hope you have a great turn out, and the Utah group is seeking wood. Gomez is on fire, and there is some more racers who are great racers fixing to come and open the cans of NAPA know how!!
    Race101
    YS Engines
    Team JR AMERICAS
    Waymire Decaling

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by MFLOOD3800 View Post
    Terry,
    I am PRO electric and what ever it takes for them to compete in Gold. We need the racers and these guys spend a lot more money than we do on a YS engine. Poor fools!!

Mathew 5:22

The 3 pole start has all racers on ground going same direction, a flying start creates the potential for mishaps, but racing in itself creates that doesnt it?

Are you implying that a flying start is more dangerous than releasing 4 planes at the same time that are running at full throttle?

The advantage the electrics gain by not observing the rules is what makes them competitive. If they followed the rules and went up on the start clock they would be where they are, thats all I was saying. I have suggested making the start clock and race closk one continuos clock and state in rule that they have to be airborne by a set time. That way new racers visiting the rcpro event wont issue complaints (as I have heard from only 2 people, but 2 people did notice it).

In RCPRO, we have allowed people to start during the audible countdown long before electrics were around. It may not be exactly as written in the rules but CD's have long been allowed to massage the rules to help their races run more smoothly. Most of us have benefited from being allowed to change a plug or something as long as we got airborne before the count was over. I haven't heard of anyone filing a complaint from any of the CD's.

I do NOT want this to become a big deal, I just thought if we veer off from the rules it creates the potential for problems.

I cant make the Hesperia race cause I committed to Richard already. Id like to be there and spank the electrics again but it just isnt in the plan for now

You won't have to worry about those cheatin' EP guys if you hang with Richard. Nice of the SAM guys for planning a race on the weeken
    d I had already scheduled for our race.

You guys always do a great job and I love RCPRO. I hope you have a great turn out, and the Utah group is seeking wood. Gomez is on fire, and there is some more racers who are great racers fixing to come and open the cans of NAPA know how!!

Looking forward to seeing them.
    Blessings, Terry
    Last edited by still4given; 09-14-2013 at 11:01 PM.

Not much in racing is safe. The best chances we have are to follow the rules that help increase safety.

I love the fact that the CD's allow a more casual race set of procedures. I enjoy RCPRO for this among other reasons, some of the nicest people in racing.

I think the SAMS races were pre-scheduled same as the RCPRO races. The choice to go there was mine to help a friend.

Im not calling the electrics cheaters when they do what they do, just wanting a rule to accomadate what they need. As stated so many times before in my posts, make it written so they can have what they need.
    Race101
    YS Engines
    Team JR AMERICAS
    Waymire Decaling

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    The rewording of the starting procedures is already being discussed. It should be public very soon. It was always understood that the 90 second period only marked the beginning of the 45 second countdown, not the end of the launching period. Having the electrics wait until near the end of the launch period doesn't hurt anyone nor pose a safety issue. IMO, the guys who complained were simply looking for a way to make the electrics less competitive.

FYI, my race was scheduled first. When the SAM race was announced, someone on that thread pointed out that it was scheduled on top of my race and was told they didn't care. As you said, it is your choice who you support.

Blessings, Terry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Hi Guys,

For those interested, here are the world points following the September 21st race in Hesperia, CA

Name:	WorldChampPoints2013 9-21-2013 Bronze.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	251.6 KB 
ID:	1923912   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WorldChampPoints2013 9-21-2013 Silver.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	197.3 KB 
ID:	1923913   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WorldChampPoints2013 9-21-2013 Gold.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	138.9 KB 
ID:	1923914  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by still4given View Post
    The rewording of the starting procedures is already being discussed. It should be public very soon. It was always understood that the 90 second period only marked the beginning of the 45 second countdown, not the end of the launching period. Having the electrics wait until near the end of the launch period doesn't hurt anyone nor pose a safety issue. IMO, the guys who complained were simply looking for a way to make the electrics less competitive.

FYI, my race was scheduled first. When the SAM race was announced, someone on that thread pointed out that it was scheduled on top of my race and was told they didn't care. As you said, it is your choice who you support.

Blessings, Terry
    Hello Terry,
    SAM's does their planning meeting in December each year for the following year, and we try to place the races around local events and follow a similar schedule as the year before. I'm not sure when the schedule for RC Pro is set, but it would be very hard to set schedules without conflict with the number of events each group has. Every year we get a bit better at running these races so hopefully all involved have a better time. Our event this past weekend was HUGE. I really hope that some of your racers are able to make an event at some point.
    Best regards,
    Jimmy Skids
    TEAM JR
    Spitfire Brotherhood #99
    Outlaw Racing CD 2001 to present

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Hi Guys,

Here are the final tallies for the world point for this year. Thanks so much for all the hard work everyone provided to make this another successful season. Looking forward to seeing all of you next season.

Blessings, Terry

Name:	World Points Gold 12-16-13.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	1948005   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	World Points Silver 12-16-13.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	115.2 KB 
ID:	1948006   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	World Points Bronze 12-16-13.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	159.6 KB 
ID:	1948007  

Congratulations to the World Champions for 2013 - Chris, Jerry and Dean
    Race101
    YS Engines
    Team JR AMERICAS
    Waymire Decaling