Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Scale Racing
Reload this Page >

"PRE" Pylonpalooza Smack talk

Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

"PRE" Pylonpalooza Smack talk

Old 06-16-2013, 06:11 PM
PLANEBENDER
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "PRE" Pylonpalooza Smack talk

I heard there is a race this next weekend. Do we have a "Stand in" Chief Starter yet? I made a few suggestions to JR last night but have not heard anything. Casey??

Any of you guy get your new YS-115WS Engine yet? Nice looking!!!!! I invited a few friends from Victorville to come and join in on our fun. Make sure to welcome them.

Dave
Old 06-16-2013, 08:56 PM
joedonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE:

Thanks Dave for starting a thread... I'll reserve my brand of comments for the mic on Sunday. .. Good luck Pilots,  and remember at least you don't look like me..
Old 06-17-2013, 04:54 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 172 Likes on 148 Posts
Default RE:

Cool, fresh meat LOL. Looking forward to this one. Dusting off the airplane now and getting it all checked out. Should be a fun day of racing. Ali will be there with the chalk to do the notorious scoreboard but for now I will post my predictions.

Speed 18

JR 12
Old 06-17-2013, 06:30 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
Default RE:

. . .
Old 06-17-2013, 08:29 PM
PLANEBENDER

Default RE: RE:

BALLZIEE, I thought you were a GOLD man this race??? Oh wait!!! Perhaps I don't want to be in the same class as you.......I remember my IMAC days flying against you in intermediate.

Yeah, I think Silver is a good place for you Speed. Do we have a Chief starter yet for this race?? Anyone???

Planebender
Old 06-18-2013, 12:07 AM
Iron Dog

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes we do. Mike Smith wants to do it. I told Casey that I'll work with him, to train him up. I think he'll do very well.

(FYI: Frank Caron has already confirmed with me for the Starter position for Valley of Speed on August 4th; and says that if you would like, he'll do it for your race next month, too, Dave. Let me know, and I'll confirm with him for you.)

Ollie
Old 06-18-2013, 05:27 AM
PLANEBENDER

I'm sure that Kimo will agree that Frank does a Awesome job. That would be Great! Thanks Olie.

Planebender
Old 06-18-2013, 05:59 PM
speedracerntrixie

ORIGINAL: PLANEBENDER

BALLZIEE, I thought you were a GOLD man this race??? Oh wait!!! Perhaps I don't want to be in the same class as you.......I remember my IMAC days flying against you in intermediate.

Yeah, I think Silver is a good place for you Speed. Do we have a Chief starter yet for this race?? Anyone???

Planebender
Yea Dave those were the good 'ole days LOL. Sooner or later I will be flying a gold YS powered Macchi. Letting myself become distracted with other airplanes. I got excited after talking with you and started working on that 3M Extra I have been sitting on. It's got an engine mounted on it and I'm waiting for a set of headers so I can finalize the canister install. At that point it will be ready for paint. Going to do as much as a custom job on it inside and out as I can.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:12 PM
Casey Leadfoot Smith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE:

This is pretty weak "smack talk".
Old 06-18-2013, 06:24 PM
speedracerntrixie

ORIGINAL: Casey Leadfoot Smith

This is pretty weak "smack talk".

Ha Ha Lead butt chimes in. Hey bud do you even have an airplane? I can't remember the last time I saw you try to fly a course. It will be nice to see Kim and Aubry tho.........well OK you too

Old 06-19-2013, 06:39 AM
PLANEBENDER

Well, I don't want to let the cat get too far out of the bag but........Lets just say this weekends race will be the "Breakout Nationals" for SOME of the Gold pilots. I heard from one pilot that says the all time SAM E.T.
record will fall this weekend. That is 115ish Clean NO CUTS. However that record was NOT flown by a YS 4 stroke but rather a Nelson with NO idle capability many years ago. I guess it's just about Bragging rights
That pushes us to want to go fast and quick. I plan to at least try and put points on the board in the first round then see how it goes.

Dave
Old 06-20-2013, 11:12 AM
MFLOOD3800
My Feedback: (51)

Just got my new 115WS as well, wish I could make it up there. Im pretty sure I could now turn a 1:10 easily. Thats of course with about 12 or so cuts.

You guys have a ball!
Old 06-22-2013, 06:54 AM
speedracerntrixie

He'll Marty I bet I can fly a 1:00 flat with 20 cuts. Lol. My goal for tomorrow is no cuts and no breakouts.