Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Speed, A YS-115 on any of your planes will be an automatic breakout. Are you looking to actually record a quicker time than R.V. or score more points?

Planebender
    WWW.PLANEBENDERPRODUCTS.COM
    Duralite Flight Systems
    Team JR

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Yes. : ) Dave, the actual goal I have set for myself is an airplane that is capable of flying a 1:12. Not that I would actually do so at a sanctioned race........he he

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Speed a 1:12? That is so 2013. Come on its gonna be 2014 lets shoot for the 1:06 mark
    Race101
    YS Engines
    Team JR AMERICAS
    Waymire Decaling

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I agree. If the Bakersfield deal works out and they really do plan to have a 4th class that is Unlimited then I can see that weak 1:12 fade. Don't bet your last buck that it will be a Mustang that gets it done either. Juss Sayin......

Dave
    Duralite Flight Systems
    Team JR

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Dave, that is pretty much why I have put off going YS for as long as I did. Being me now that I have made the decision that means I have to do it 100%. That means that the airplane has to be designed around the engine with minimal free space around it. I cut the wings based on the dimensions of the retracts. The wings will be done in a couple weeks then I can finish up on the fuse plug. I will post some pics of the plug just before I pull the mold. Gotta set some hard dates for these goals as April will be here before we know it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Speed: I'm in the same boat over here. After loosing everything last season I am starting off at point Zero. I have 1 good engine and not a lot of time so at this point not sure what race I will make my entrance.

Dave
    Duralite Flight Systems
    Team JR

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    All this talk about racing in the off season has got me excited for the 2014 season. I went out last weekend with my old Spitfire running a YS 120 and turned a rusty 1:22 on the course. I might just have to bring out the 2013 Mustang and throw some juice to her to see if I can better that number to stay "tuned" up for the races in 2014. Looks like we should have some new Gold pilots to challenge the old gaurd. Speed, Let me know if you need any help tuning that YS, I know that you are not used to the "skip a beat" motors.(big smile as I typed that - welcome to the dark side).

Jimmy Skids
    TEAM JR
    Spitfire Brotherhood #99
    Outlaw Racing CD 2001 to present

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Hey guys,
    I am heading to Tucson, Az in a couple weeks for a RCPRO Race. Im gonna fly my KI in Gold and the WM Miss America in Silver. I have done what you said Skids and put a 12x12 on it. It has a YS 70 in it. I have cut the top of the plane and installed a turtle deck and new canopy as well as removed the lower scoop to clean it up some. I will be running high nitro ( 55%) to try and get close to 2:00 B/O. Im asking for input to see if Im in the ball park for the Silver class.
    Race101
    YS Engines
    Team JR AMERICAS
    Waymire Decaling

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Oh and by the way that 1:12 RV flew , I put money on him beating it in 2014. Remember the announcer said in another heat he had a 1:06. That seemed a bit weird like they missed a lap so we shrugged it off. But I was watching the video Chip put up of my mid air heat. There were many 7 second laps in that heat, and some under 7. The math doesnt lie. I think 2014 will see RV and maybe others below the 1:10 mark. Now isnt that incredible!! 2014 is set to be a hoot.
    Race101
    YS Engines
    Team JR AMERICAS
    Waymire Decaling

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by MFLOOD3800 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I am heading to Tucson, Az in a couple weeks for a RCPRO Race. Im gonna fly my KI in Gold and the WM Miss America in Silver. I have done what you said Skids and put a 12x12 on it. It has a YS 70 in it. I have cut the top of the plane and installed a turtle deck and new canopy as well as removed the lower scoop to clean it up some. I will be running high nitro ( 55%) to try and get close to 2:00 B/O. Im asking for input to see if Im in the ball park for the Silver class.
    I suggested a 12x9 or 12x10... that is what I have used in the past. I think someone else is using the 12x12n.
    Skids
    TEAM JR
    Spitfire Brotherhood #99
    Outlaw Racing CD 2001 to present

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    12x10 it is then thx skids
    Race101
    YS Engines
    Team JR AMERICAS
    Waymire Decaling

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Sams race commitee people: Have you all set the 2014 dates yet?
    Thx!
    Race101
    YS Engines
    Team JR AMERICAS
    Waymire Decaling

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Marty,

Our schedule is a bit lighter than last year, as it was frequently stated that pilots felt overwhelmed with too many races last year. Although, I think most would have preferred to have had four in the series for this year. The first three, listed below, are the three races in the SAM "season-points series." The Two-Minute Tango is a different format. There is also the Redding race, called Flyin' Ash Fast that I heard second-hand was scheduled for June 21 & 22, but we'll have to hear more directly from Loren Braucht to be sure.

2014 TENTATIVE RACE EVENT DATES

April 13
    Big Kahuna Warbird Race

July 13 Miller Time Warbird Race

September 20/21 Trashman Classic Warbird Race

October 26 Two Minute Tango Warbird Race

All dates are tentative until the Board approves the schedule.

I just started a new wing for "The Ghost", so I look forward to racing with you again.

Ollie
    Last edited by Iron Dog; 01-02-2014 at 11:55 PM.
    WARNING: High-nitro fumes cause an unusual form of mental debilitation resulting in excess expenditures on racing airplanes.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Awesome info thx a ton. Looking forward to seeing you all again Ollie.
    Race101
    YS Engines
    Team JR AMERICAS
    Waymire Decaling

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456