Community
Search
Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

Speedworld

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 12:25 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Speedworld

I heard a wonderful rumor today. We have a new member here at Kingman who is also a member of the Speedworld RC Flyers it appears there just may be some new arraignments with the governmental entities and the field reopened.

Man if that is true and it does happen it would be wonderful. I have always loved that place an truly miss attending an event or two down there as much as possible.

As the Epicenter of warbird racing both the old SWRA and then RC Pro I truly hope it happens and kudos to Jimmy (I'm sure) and all the others who are working so hard .

OK this is only a rumor but I loved my visits there so much I just had to mention this.

John
Old 10-03-2013, 02:03 PM
MFLOOD3800
My Feedback: (51)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too heard a rumor a couple weeks back. I questioned the facts but was almost persuaded to believe it. Lets hope it is so.
I love racing Q40 there and its warbird venues (RCPRO) is one of the best around!

Come on SpeedWorld
Old 10-03-2013, 02:20 PM
PylonDave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is true, Here is a link to a post Jim Allen made on the nmpra website. Winterfest and the Q40 classic have already been scheduled.

http://www.nmpraforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4675
Old 02-20-2014, 06:30 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I am sure by now that most of the pylon folks and the jet folks are Fully aware of the "end of the story" on this one. However for those who may not know its wonderful to be able to say the rumor was true and 'They are Back.

Originally there were reports on their return there would be no jets after the reopening. Fortunately due no doubt to a lot of hard work for the ten months or so that they were shut down field is back and the Winterfest has already occurred and I just returned from attending the first post closure jet rally.

During the closure there apparently was considerable loss to theft and vandalism but the club has done a remarkable job of recovery and the field is in delightful shape. I had a great time and was able to renew a lot of old friendships.

So Kudos and congratulations to the Gentlemen/Ladies of Speedworld!

John

Last edited by JohnBuckner; 02-20-2014 at 06:39 AM.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:49 AM
D.E.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes speedworld is back, this weekend they are having their annual Q40 classic. 80 entries (it is capped at 80) from 8 or 9 different countries doing 200 mph combat...
Old 02-20-2014, 12:32 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

I wonder how that is going to affect Phoenix next weekend? Glad to see it back though.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:38 PM
MFLOOD3800
My Feedback: (51)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was at the Q40 classic. It was great. The racing was crazy. The carnage was like an airplane graveyard by the end. The names of pilots attending were the best of the best from all serious racing countries. The race went smoothly with only a few reruns due to equipment issues. But we still got in 8 rounds in 2 days with 75 entries - that is awesome right there. I showed up Fri and flew 8 practice flights. 5 heats on Sat with 3 flights after the contest and 3 more on Sunday. 19 flights about wore me out. But it was great!