Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Scale Racing
Reload this Page >

2014 Sacramento Area Modelers Warbird Pylon Racing

Community
Search
Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

2014 Sacramento Area Modelers Warbird Pylon Racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 10:34 PM
Trashman88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Sacramento Area Modelers Warbird Pylon Racing

The SAM's Warbird Series Pylon Racing is coming up soon.

April 13th = Big Kahuna Memorial Warbird Race
July 13th = Miller Time Warbird Race
September 20th and 21st = Trashman Classic Warbird Race (Conjunction with YS Engines)

The website is updated - http://www.sacramento-rc-flyers.org/home.html
Registration is updated - http://www.sacramento-rc-flyers.org/entryforms.html

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me (916) 705-7778.

See you all at the finish line,
JR
Old 01-21-2014, 02:28 PM
stang151

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Right , First let me say that I am glad that the classic has expanded to the whole weekend and that YS has come on board as a major sponsor. What I would like to know is why (for the second year in a row ) Is the date scheduled on the same weekend as the RCPRO race in Hesperia? I understand that there was a little mix up last year but the schedule for RCPRO has been out for some time.
I ask this for two reasons ; As Hesperia is my home field I feel that I must support that race and I will miss the YS race. Second (as happened last year) the classic will siphon many racers from the Hesperia race. The Hesperia club has been a supporter of racing for quite some time and to do this to them is a slap in the face. OK rant over
Old 01-21-2014, 08:26 PM
Trashman88

I have been running this 2 day event for the last 9 years on the same weekend. I am sorry if you feel like it is a slap in the face but I am not trying to do that at all. I would love to see all of you come up for this great event but I do understand if you can't due to conflict of scheduling. With all the events that happen though out the year, I believe our club does a great job on communicating with other clubs and try to schedule events without conflicts. Unfortunately, there will always be a conflict here and there.

Like I said before, I hope to see you all at our races.

Happy flying!!!

JR
Old 01-21-2014, 09:13 PM
Jimmy Skids
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JR,
Thanks for posting the dates and all that you do for racing in Northern California.

stang151,
We discussed the dates for our races in December of 2013. At that time the races and other SAM events were carefully placed on the calendar with input from other Northern California clubs and based upon prior years events. A lot of planning goes into setting the calendar as I would believe is done for the RC Pro calendar as well. Unfortunately with 3 SAM races and the 8 RC Pro events there will more than likely be a conflict.

SAM's has been hosting its style of Warbird racing for over a decade and has a proven record of supporting local and "not so local" racers for as many years. It is unfortunate that both groups have events on the same dates, but given the fact that the Trashman Classic has been a 2 day race on the same weekend in September for 9 years I would humbly state that if anyone "owns" that weekend it would be SAMs. Now with that said, no one owns the weekend, the two clubs are quite a distance apart, and there is a very small number of pilots that attend both clubs events.

I hope this has helped to clear things up. As a SAM pilot and supporter of racing there I would like to see as many people be able to experience our event as possible. Secondly as a Warbird racer anything that helps promote this type of racing is good so I really wish the best for the RC Pro races.

Hope we get to see you this year at a race.

Jimmy Skids
Old 01-22-2014, 03:09 PM
joedonkey

Wow only 3 events ... every round means that much more now... I've have them in the Calendar so ill be there for all over them! On a Side note U.S.R.A Giant scale Racers loved me at Victorvile and are flying me to Kansas in June for another 3 day race... Cant wait to get our Season started. .. Good luck cause your gonna need it!!!
Old 01-24-2014, 03:30 PM
MFLOOD3800
My Feedback: (51)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joe,
lets not go that far. "Loved" you??? I had to pay Jeff $1200 to to get him to agree to have you come to Ks. He really didnt like the way you picked on me and my over weight plane.
In Joes words last year at rabbit : "and here comes Marty Flood. They use a calendar to calculate his times"
Jeff said that really hurt his feelings.
But I convinced him to have you come to Ks with a $1200 check.

all kidding aside you impressed everyone And I knew you would. Make sure you thank Richard V. He talked me into arranging to have you. It turned out great. You are a rock star now so the SAM group better step up to keep you local before you go all Justin Beiber and start traveling!!

I appreciate the SAM group and the effort that goes into the racing you do.
It is unfortunate that dates do conflict between different racing groups.
But it so hard to not over lap.
I have promoted 5 USRA races and it is near impossible to not affect other venues.

I might be at 2 of the SAM races this year and am gonna try for 1:25 and stay out of the teens.

So yes Skids you have been given advanced notice. I will be following you for 9 1/2 laps.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:38 PM
MFLOOD3800

Glen,
I sure have missed seeing you at the races I am able to get to. Seems we miss each other more than see each other.
Just some info on YS Engines and their support for racing.
Richard is wanting to promote YS in all areas of warbird racing.
In fact he is helping in RCPRO for the Cedar City Race this year. He has helped out in Hesperia in the past as well.
The RC business in general is taking a beating but he enjoys the warbird races and wants to help as much as he can.
I believe he will be making the trip down to the Cedar City RCPRO race on July 19 along with some of the area racers from NV..
Id love to see some of the SAM guys make the trip. Even though it is only a one day race, it will be a great one.

I believe there is no SAM / RCPRO conflict on those dates.

To all of you who promote and CD - Thank you so very much!!
Old 01-27-2014, 02:03 PM
Jimmy Skids

Originally Posted by MFLOOD3800
Joe,
lets not go that far. "Loved" you??? I had to pay Jeff $1200 to to get him to agree to have you come to Ks. He really didnt like the way you picked on me and my over weight plane.
In Joes words last year at rabbit : "and here comes Marty Flood. They use a calendar to calculate his times"

all kidding aside you impressed everyone And I knew you would. Make sure you thank Richard V. He talked me into arranging to have you. It turned out great. You are a rock star now so the SAM group better step up to keep you local before you go all Justin Beiber and start traveling!!

I appreciate the SAM group and the effort that goes into the racing you do.
It is unfortunate that dates do conflict between different racing groups.
But it so hard to not over lap.
I have promoted 5 USRA races and it is near impossible to not affect other venues.

I might be at 2 of the SAM races this year and am gonna try for 1:25 and stay out of the teens.

So yes Skids you have been given advanced notice. I will be following you for 9 1/2 laps.
Marty,
That is great news because I plan to follow you for the first 1/2 lap.
Jimmy Skids
Old 01-29-2014, 12:15 PM
MFLOOD3800

Marty,
That is great news because I plan to follow you for the first 1/2 lap.
Jimmy Skids

Well then I guess I better find a different strategy
Old 01-29-2014, 12:20 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

I guess all I need to do is quietly sneak by as you two are fighting it out.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:52 PM
Jimmy Skids

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
I guess all I need to do is quietly sneak by as you two are fighting it out.
Marty, just checking.... you good with us finishing 1 and 2 (either pilot), Speed can be ahead as long as we are just about to lap him.... Correct?

Jimmy Skids
Old 01-29-2014, 01:53 PM
speedracerntrixie

I don't think it's fair that you are making me fly 11 laps but what the hell I've won that way before.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:57 PM
Jimmy Skids

I don't think it's fair that you are making me fly 11 laps but what the hell I've won that way before.
Speed,
We would never make you fly 11. We don't want you to take off your shoes and socks to count that high.
Jimmy Skids
Old 01-29-2014, 02:23 PM
speedracerntrixie

Jimmy, not necessary, I have 11 fingers. I'm sure you have seen me point the 6th one at you before. Looking forward to to the start of the season.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:09 PM
Jimmy Skids

Speed,
As am I. I am glad you will be joining us in gold. Any assistance for the YS on that new airplane and you know where to go.
Jimmy Skids
Old 01-30-2014, 11:17 AM
MFLOOD3800

Yea Speed , let me tune that needle for you just before we both launch. Ill get it set "just right"

Skids Im happy to just finish and bring the plane home.

Bet SUllivan agrees!!
Old 01-30-2014, 06:24 PM
speedracerntrixie

Yea Speed , let me tune that needle for you just before we both launch. Ill get it set "just right"

Bet SUllivan agrees!!
Yea after watching you guys is when I decided I needed to have a set of molds for the Macchi. Need to be able to build 'em up fast the way you guys bounce off one another....
Old 01-30-2014, 07:53 PM
MFLOOD3800

Yea I wish I had molds
Old 01-31-2014, 05:28 AM
speedracerntrixie

No worries Marty, after seeing the Macchi run you may want one......
Old 03-19-2014, 02:14 PM
joedonkey

[QUOTE=MFLOOD3800;11719506]Joe,

yeah but im totally worth it !!!
Old 03-19-2014, 04:56 PM
PLANEBENDER
My Feedback: (3)

Bet SUllivan agrees!!
Just finished laughing at this post Heck I don't even have a plane.

Dave
Old 03-19-2014, 05:08 PM
Trashman88

Whats wrong Dave, I come to gold and you run away.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:21 PM
speedracerntrixie

Hell if I was smart I would have built 2 Macchis and hung a for sale sign on one of them
Old 03-19-2014, 07:37 PM
PLANEBENDER

Originally Posted by Trashman88
Whats wrong Dave, I come to gold and you run away.
Run Away???

Fear not young Grasshopper, I said I don't even have a plane (((((YET))))) That does not mean I won't be racing. Enough said.

Dave
Old 03-19-2014, 07:38 PM
PLANEBENDER

Hell if I was smart I would have built 2 Macchis and hung a for sale sign on one of them
I think I would get a few test flights with that YS Monster on it first before you start selling them. I'm just sayin.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.