Community
Search
Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

2014 Trashman/YS Classic

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 10:20 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by MFLOOD3800
Not sure of the of the official results but I do remember one announcer commenting that the best pilot out their was a guy named Jim Smith.
Unconfirmed myth.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:37 PM
Iron Dog

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dan kelly
Nice pictures Ollie. Thanks for sharing them. Been looking for the race results in each class but nothing posted yet????
Thanks, Dan. Sorry for the smudges in the frames, everyone. I tried to clean the lenses and the internal mirror, but my efforts made no difference. It must be something else internal. I will have to get the camera professionally serviced and cleaned before next season.

Regarding results . . . I checked on the Sacramento Area Modelers' website, too; and no updates there yet, either. JR worked his butt off, so he probably needs a week of down-time just to recuperate. I know I'm still nowhere near caught-up on chores, and all I had to do was fly! I know it is important to him - he'll get them posted as soon as he is able to.

To JR and all our sponsors, guests, workers, and fellow pilots: "Thank you" for a truly outstanding weekend. Little else compares to being with all of you!

(And, It is always a longer winter in the absence of so many of you.)

Luckily, we still have the "Two-Minute Tango" in October. Hope to see you there.

Ollie

Last edited by Iron Dog; 09-25-2014 at 08:48 PM.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:03 PM
Iron Dog

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally, I had uploaded the pictures I took on Day 1 (Saturday) to PicasaWeb. I have since deleted my Google account, and my albums on that Google-controlled site have all been deleted. However, today I opened an imgur account, and the images for this race are now viewable from this link:

https://irondogp39.imgur.com

I hope you enjoy them. I have now posted those taken on Day 2 (Sunday), as well. Thanks again to TommyGun for manning my camera and getting many shots of my Fw190 in action, as well. (I rarely get to see pictures of my own airplanes in action, as I am more often than not the one taking the pictures.)

Ollie
Old 09-28-2014, 10:47 PM
Trashman88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

9[SUP]th[/SUP] Annual Trashman & YS Classic Warbird Race
On September 20[SUP]th[/SUP] and 21[SUP]st[/SUP], Sacramento Area Modelers held the final 2014 SAM Warbird Series Race. There was a total of 59 entries with 12 in Bronze, 27 in Silver, and 20 in Gold. There were more registered but with unfortunate mishaps before the race, the entries dropped about 5 entries.

Congratulations to the following winners:
Bronze 1[SUP]st[/SUP] – George Reidenbach
Bronze 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] – Matt Campi
Bronze 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] - Dennis Lampson

Silver 1[SUP]st[/SUP] – Ollie Merrill
Silver 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] – Gary Prosser
Silver 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] – B.J. Healis

Gold 1[SUP]st[/SUP] – Jim Finch
Gold 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] – Allen Annett
Gold 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] – Dave Sullivan

Fast Time For Bronze – Dennis Lampson
Fast Time For Silver – Tetsuo Yamada
Fast Time for Gold – Jim Finch

The race was a success with the help of all the workers and sponsors. All the workers volunteered their own time to come help put on the race for all the pilots. If you see the people that helped, please shake their hand and say Thank You!!!!! The races would not get off the ground without them!!!! I like to give special Thanks to Jim Smith (Skids) for all the help prior and day(s) of the race. He has been a huge help to get the race going and to be a success. Bottom line is that it took a group effort to make it a very successful and fun race.

I had a lot of help from Sponsors. Special Thanks our huge sponsors – YS Engines, APC Props, JR America Radios, Gold Country Ace Hardware and Hobbys, and B.J. Healis. Also Special Thanks to all of our other sponsors - RC Country, Great Planes, Servo City, World Models, RTL Fasteners, BSI Adhesives, RC-Lights, Sig MFG, Tree Topper Tree Service, Jim Smith, Peg Sweeny, Mike Smith, and Sergio Varo. Please remember to support our sponsors as they support us!!!!

We had 3 heats on Saturday and 2 heats and mains on Sunday. The weather was awesome and lots of great racing with very low percentage of loss planes. We had a great lunch time show put on by Chip Hyde and Shawn Berkheimer, Thank You to the both of you for showing us that awesome flying!!! There were pilots from all over like Nevada, Oregon, and all over California. There also was a pilot (Marty Flood) that came from Utah and 1 pilot flew in from Japan (Tetsuo Yamada). Thanks to all the pilots that came and entered because if it was not for you, there would be no races.

This two day race is getting bigger and bigger each year and looking forward to the future to see what the Trashman & YS Classic Warbird Race can bring.

You can go to our website (www.sacramento-rc-flyers.org) to see all the results for this race and the final year results. If you are interested in seeing pictures of the races, please go to Holly Shanks website as she was very nice to come out and take pictures for us. Check out her website at http://shanksphoto.smugmug.com/. Thanks Holly!!!!!

Thanks everyone for everything,
JR
Old 09-29-2014, 07:03 AM
JPGale

Originally Posted by Trashman88
On September 20[SUP]th[/SUP] and 21[SUP]st[/SUP], Sacramento Area Modelers held the final 2014 SAM Warbird Series Race. There was a total of 59 entries with 12 in Bronze, 27 in Silver, and 20 in Gold. There were more registered but with unfortunate mishaps before the race, the entries dropped about 5 entries.

Fast Time for Gold – Jim Finch

The race was a success with the help of all the workers and sponsors. All the workers volunteered their own time to come help put on the race for all the pilots. If you see the people that helped, please shake their hand and say Thank You!!!!! The races would not get off the ground without them!!!! I like to give special Thanks to Jim Smith (Skids) for all the help prior and day(s) of the race. He has been a huge help to get the race going and to be a success. Bottom line is that it took a group effort to make it a very successful and fun race.

I had a lot of help from Sponsors. Special Thanks our huge sponsors – YS Engines, APC Props, JR America Radios, Gold Country Ace Hardware and Hobbys, and B.J. Healis. Also Special Thanks to all of our other sponsors - RC Country, Great Planes, Servo City, World Models, RTL Fasteners, BSI Adhesives, RC-Lights, Sig MFG, Tree Topper Tree Service, Jim Smith, Peg Sweeny, Mike Smith, and Sergio Varo. Please remember to support our sponsors as they support us!!!!

We had 3 heats on Saturday and 2 heats and mains on Sunday. The weather was awesome and lots of great racing with very low percentage of loss planes. We had a great lunch time show put on by Chip Hyde and Shawn Berkheimer, Thank You to the both of you for showing us that awesome flying!!! There were pilots from all over like Nevada, Oregon, and all over California. There also was a pilot (Marty Flood) that came from Utah and 1 pilot flew in from Japan (Tetsuo Yamada). Thanks to all the pilots that came and entered because if it was not for you, there would be no races.

This two day race is getting bigger and bigger each year and looking forward to the future to see what the Trashman & YS Classic Warbird Race can bring.

You can go to our website (www.sacramento-rc-flyers.org) to see all the results for this race and the final year results. If you are interested in seeing pictures of the races, please go to Holly Shanks website as she was very nice to come out and take pictures for us. Check out her website at http://shanksphoto.smugmug.com/. Thanks Holly!!!!!

Thanks everyone for everything,
JR
JR,

You missed thanks to perhaps the most important person who worked at this race, Yourself, I hope I can speak for everyone at the race when I say thank you for all that you do. Without your tireless work we would not get to have our fun. Thank you for all you do, I can't wait to come fly with you all again and to race again next year.

Bulldog
Old 09-29-2014, 10:35 AM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

JR can you post the fast times? I want to see what my winning time was for gold. Also will you be posting the times in each heat? Never mind i can go look on the site.

Last edited by airraptor; 09-29-2014 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:17 PM
Trashman88

I am reposting the recap as I made a couple mistakes on it. Sorry but I guess I need to reread it when I am awake. :-)

Thanks for the nice words everyone!!!!!!!! I am glad everyone had a good time!!!!!

On September 20[SUP]th[/SUP] and 21[SUP]st[/SUP], Sacramento Area Modelers held the final 2014 SAM Warbird Series Race. There was a total of 59 entries with 12 in Bronze, 27 in Silver, and 20 in Gold. There were more registered but with unfortunate mishaps before the race, the entries dropped by 5.

Fast Time for Gold – Jeff Robinson

The race was a success with the help of all the workers and sponsors. All the workers volunteered their own time to come out and help put on the race for all the pilots. If you see the people that helped, please shake their hand and say Thank You!!!!! The races would not get off the ground without them!!!! I like to give special Thanks to Jim Smith (Skids) for all the help prior to and day(s) of the race. He has been a huge help to get the race going and to be a success. Bottom line is that it took a group effort to make it a very successful and fun race.

I had a lot of help from Sponsors. Special Thanks to our huge sponsors – YS Engines, APC Props, JR America Radios, Gold Country Ace Hardware and Hobbies, and B.J. Healis. Also Special Thanks to all of our other sponsors - RC Country, Great Planes, Servo City, World Models, RTL Fasteners, BSI Adhesives, RC-Lights, Sig MFG, Tree Topper Tree Service, Jim Smith, Peg Sweeny, Mike Smith, and Sergio Varo. Please remember to support our sponsors as they support us!!!!

We had 3 heats on Saturday and 2 heats and mains on Sunday. The weather was awesome and lots of great racing with a very low percentage of planes lost. We had a great lunch time show put on by Chip Hyde and Shawn Berkheimer, Thank You to the both of you for showing us that awesome flying!!! There were pilots from all over,Nevada, Oregon, and all over California. There also was a pilot (Marty Flood) that came from Utah and 1 pilot flew in from Japan (Tetsuo Yamada). Thanks to all the pilots that came and entered because if it was not for you, there would be no races.

Old 12-12-2014, 06:47 PM
MFLOOD3800
My Feedback: (51)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did anyone video the gold final. I would like to relive the race thruout this winter?
Thx