Community
Search
Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

2014 Trashman/YS Classic

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 11:59 AM
Jimmy Skids
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2014 Trashman/YS Classic

Hello All,
SAM (Sacramento Area Modelers) will be hosting the 2014 Trashman/YS Classic on September 20th and 21st.

I am starting a new thread for this race so that everything associated with it can be discussed here. I have attached the flyer and would recommend everyone pre-register since this is going to be huge. In talking with the CD I have found that there will be the following prizes in addition to the purse in the classes.

Gold Class - the purse will be split between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. There will also be a YS 1.15 given away to the pilot who finishes in 1st place for the event. APC also added $300 for the gold pilot who has the fastest clean time without breaking out in an individual heat.

Silver Class - the purse will be split between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. There will also be a YS 1.15 given away to the pilot who finishes in 1st place for the event. APC also added $200 for the silver pilot who has the fastest clean time without breaking out in an individual heat.

Bronze Class - the purse will be split between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. There will also be a YS DZ .70 given away to the pilot who finishes in 1st place for the event. APC also added $100 for the bronze pilot who has the fastest clean time without breaking out in an individual heat.

I'm sure that JR (THE TRASHMAN) will post more about the awesome sponsors as details come available for for now I would like to add a huge thank you to YS parts and service and APC for their generous support.

Jimmy Skids
Attached Files
Old 07-23-2014, 02:39 PM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I heard about the cash prize the other day and that is awesome and will help make this grow into a large event. maybe we can make a 3 day event for 2016... Just kidding JR What might be good though is to have a 2 day even for the first race and then the two day one like it is now. My goal even though far from it is to be the first to win all three classes.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:16 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Jeff, that's a great goal for next year
Old 07-23-2014, 04:47 PM
airraptor

Yes and I have a goal of 200 flat level speed with a YS four stroke engine.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:29 PM
Iron Dog

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by airraptor
. . . My goal even though far from it is to be the first to win all three classes . . . and I have a goal of 200 flat level speed with a YS four stroke engine.
I'm biting my tongue, Jeff; but, you are making it hard to resist starting up another friendly round of all the "smack talk" we SAM racers used to be somewhat known for, here on these forums.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:34 PM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by Iron Dog
I'm biting my tongue, Jeff; but, you are making it hard to resist starting up another friendly round of all the "smack talk" we SAM racers used to be somewhat known for, here on these forums.
Ollie, I have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:24 PM
Jimmy Skids

Raptor,
I Respect that goal. My goal is to watch you hit your goal in 2/3 classes and then be the one who keeps you from being 3/3.
Sorry,
Skids
Old 07-23-2014, 08:03 PM
JPGale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe for next year I will have the time to get the twin running again and race that in bronze again.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:57 PM
Trashman88

Jeff you might want to take Jim's goal because I am hoping for something way different.

Goal for 1st place is:
Bronze- Mark (Barney)
Silver - JR (Trashman)
Gold - Tim (Bushman)

JR
Old 07-23-2014, 09:03 PM
JPGale

Sorry JR but you have the goal all wrong it should be

Goal for 1st place is:
Bronze- Mark (Barney)
Silver - James (Gale)
Gold - Mark (Sumich)
Old 07-23-2014, 09:04 PM
Trashman88

Current Sponsors that are confirmed that they are donating to the 9th Annual Trashman & YS Classic Warbird Race.

Big Thanks to:
YS Engines
APC Props
JR America Radios
RC Country
Gold Country Ace Hardware and Hobbys
Great Planes
Servo City
World Models
RTL Fasteners
BSI Adhesives

BJ Healis
Jim Smith
Sergio Varo
Tree Topper Tree Service

Will Keep adding sponsors as I get confirmation.

Last edited by Trashman88; 08-24-2014 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Keeping Sponsors Updated
Old 07-23-2014, 09:08 PM
Trashman88

I guess Barney gets 2 votes.

I am hoping this is my last year in silver so I should go out with a bang and win Silver for the 4th time. At least that is my goal.

James, you can have second place.

As far as gold, sorry Mark but I am calling for Bushman so that should put him into 1st place.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:16 PM
JPGale

Originally Posted by Trashman88
I guess Barney gets 2 votes.

I am hoping this is my last year in silver so I should go out with a bang and win Silver for the 4th time. At least that is my goal.

James, you can have second place.

As far as gold, sorry Mark but I am calling for Bushman so that should put him into 1st place.
Hoping to join you in Gold next year as well JR.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:20 PM
Trashman88

I learned from my last couple gold planes is not use LiFe batteries with futaba recievers. If you do they will lock out. That is what I found out what happen to me and lost both gold planes I was planning on racing this year. I use to swear by Futaba but after this I am really looking on switching to JR or Spectrum after the race season.

I might have to go JR because I am JR.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:44 PM
Jimmy Skids

JR,
you know I am a big fan of the new DMSS protocal for the new JR transmitters. Let me know if you want to put one of my receivers in a plane of yours and give my XG11 a test spin.
Skids
Old 07-23-2014, 09:50 PM
Trashman88

Jim,
I might just do that after this race. I will be seriously looking for a different radio system.

I just dont really want change before the race as i am a little scared to change anything major like that right now and take a chance on loosing my airplanes before the race.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:03 PM
Iron Dog

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	goals, always just out of reach.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	2017032  
Old 07-23-2014, 10:24 PM
airraptor

Does B/O mean you won the race ??
Old 07-24-2014, 12:22 AM
Iron Dog

I learned from my last couple gold planes is not use LiFe batteries with futaba recievers. If you do they will lock out. That is what I found out what happen to me and lost both gold planes I was planning on racing this year. I use to swear by Futaba but after this I am really looking on switching to JR or Spectrum after the race season.

I might have to go JR because I am JR.
Some of the Futaba receivers (the more reasonably-priced ones) are particularly sensitive to the maximum voltage limits. As I understand it, if your battery charged to a level above that max limit, it could lock out. (For example a 6-volt battery charges to 6.5 volts initially, but the max voltage rating on the receiver is 6V, so power exceeds its max limit.) If you had been really pleased with Futaba up to now, before you make your decision to switch over, I would talk to Jim Altmeyer about his issues with this same problem, all the research he did, and the conversations he had with Futaba regarding which of their receivers could handle the higher voltage, etc. He's since switched receivers &/or switched battery packs and carefully monitored their voltages, and his issues seem to have been solved. Jim and I plan on being out at SAMs on Friday.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:12 AM
speedracerntrixie

Jeff you might want to take Jim's goal because I am hoping for something way different.

Goal for 1st place is:
Bronze- Mark (Barney)
Silver - JR (Trashman)
Gold - Tim (Bushman)

JR

Not the way it's going to happen.

Goal for 1st place is:
Bronze- Mark (Barney)
Silver - JR (Trashman)
Gold - Shawn ( Speed Racer )

That's what you can expect!
Old 07-24-2014, 07:33 AM
JPGale

Jim,
I might just do that after this race. I will be seriously looking for a different radio system.

I just dont really want change before the race as i am a little scared to change anything major like that right now and take a chance on loosing my airplanes before the race.
Spektrum/JR are great, I switch from Futaba when I went 2.4 mainly because of Horizon Hobby CS.

For the last race I had to switch radios to my old DX7 as the 9503 had gone wrong, I now need to re-setup the 9503 for the planes and fly both before the race. I think in your case waiting until the end of the year is a good idea.

As another advert for how awesome Horizon Hobby service is, I sent my 9503 to them for repair, they repaired it and shipped it back totally free, for a 4 year old radio.

James

Last edited by JPGale; 07-24-2014 at 07:36 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:36 AM
JPGale

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Not the way it's going to happen.

Goal for 1st place is:
Bronze- Mark (Barney)
Silver - JR (Trashman)
Gold - Shawn ( Speed Racer )

That's what you can expect!
Speed,

I have no problem with you taking Gold, by I am going to take Silver, I want to get into the places for the year, and a good outing at this race can make that happen. I think JR has the season wrapped up unless something drastic happens.

James
Old 07-24-2014, 09:24 AM
airraptor

Shawn i am talking about next year. This was my first year so now that i know what is required I can work to get there next year.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:33 PM
MFLOOD3800
My Feedback: (51)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well heck, with all these goals being set and the bar quite high, not much left for me.... my goal is bring home my plane, beat Dave Sullivan and Micky, not mid air with richard (hes had enough), beat anything that looks like a mig, drink some of Shawns low octane fruit drinks, and land and roll out w/o nosing it over before the pavement ends, run a 1:25.0001, rack up 24 pts, and not get a speeding ticket on the way home.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:54 PM
Trashman88

Marty,
I like the way you are thinking. Lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.