Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Scale Racing
Reload this Page >

Two Minute Tango Warbird Race

Community
Search
Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

Two Minute Tango Warbird Race

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 09:04 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

No worries James, I knew there was risk involved. There will be another one.............................only better.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:31 PM
Trashman88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
No worries James, I knew there was risk involved. There will be another one.............................only better.
Better???? Are you saying I have an old and not as good version of the Machii?????????? I am expecting a upgraded model then.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:35 PM
Trashman88

Originally Posted by airraptor
I might go out and camp out saturday night
Let me know if you decide for sure you are going to camp out there. If you do, then I will come out there too.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:20 AM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by Trashman88
Better???? Are you saying I have an old and not as good version of the Machii?????????? I am expecting a upgraded model then.
Trust me buddy, your getting all the good stuff. The design has been sorted out. Lets face it, how many airplanes would have been able to contain the engine after throwing a prop blade? I think the nose is stout enough. In this case better simply means a cleaner build. Well wait, I'm using the old wing to make some wing tip molds so I can do fiberglass wing tips. Of course you will be getting a set of those.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:33 AM
Pylonracr

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Trust me buddy, your getting all the good stuff. The design has been sorted out. Lets face it, how many airplanes would have been able to contain the engine after throwing a prop blade? I think the nose is stout enough. In this case better simply means a cleaner build. Well wait, I'm using the old wing to make some wing tip molds so I can do fiberglass wing tips. Of course you will be getting a set of those.

What he is telling you is that you got the "Beta" version
Old 10-08-2014, 06:57 AM
Trashman88

It dont matter what version I have, I will win matter what.

I know the plane is very well built as he spent many hours/days/weeks/months just designing it. I am looking forward to getting mine done and in the air. Then I can get my P39s ready. I got a lot of work to do to get ready for gold next year.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:36 AM
speedracerntrixie

Me too bud, I plan to have 2 identical airplanes fully operational by mid March. And you know how slow I build. Heck I bought my Extra in '07 and just started flying it this year LOL
Old 10-08-2014, 10:46 AM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes I plan to camp out there.
Old 10-26-2014, 02:35 PM
PLANEBENDER
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had fun today. The race went well despite the huge wind we had to fly in. Thank you to EVERYONE that worked and to Dale and Amy for putting it on. If you have never flown is this race you should give it a try. A lot more to it than just going fast and turning left. I flew 7 heats and I am SMOKED!!! Ended up 3rd after a breakout in the final 5 race. Nice awards. Thank You Guys!

Dave

Last edited by PLANEBENDER; 12-21-2014 at 11:05 AM.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:07 PM
Jimmy Skids
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats to all the racers who made the last heat. This race is a really fun format and Dale and Amy do a great job at running it. I just wish I would of made the cut to get to the finals - bummer. I and my boy had a great time. It was a good way to close out the year of racing.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:09 PM
summin

A really great time racing with our buds and tough to keep the lap times long enough. Dale and Amy are the bomb and produce such great trophies. Very creative. Sorry to see the season end and we Bay Area boys wish you all the best and look forward to seeing you in the spring.

Mark S.