Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Scale Racing
Reload this Page >

2015 Fly'n Ash Fast- Now part of SAMS points race

Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

2015 Fly'n Ash Fast- Now part of SAMS points race

Old 06-29-2015, 09:19 AM
MFLOOD3800
My Feedback: (51)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jason,
In reply to your first post: The issue isnt that you have an "opinion". The issue I have with the post is that after you brought up the original "opinion" to JR, he resolved it and OKed the airplanes. That means its a done deal. Yet you felt a need to revisit your "opinion" again, this time publicly?
Thats the part that causes me to question your "opinion" or at least your motives? To bring it up once is an "opinion", but to continue to address it is a protest, especially when you go public the next time.
If it were a fresh "opinion" absolutely question it privately or publicly. But once it has been looked and and a verdict made by the people (s) in charge, leave it alone. Any response publicly after that is just bad press for this race organization.

On another note if you plan to modify and slim down any plane for my race, I encourage you to read my rules. Clearly any thing that is questionable or pushing it to the limits needs to be verified by me. This is done by a phone call, text with pics or clear explanation. I, as you can see by what I fly, am very liberal with stand off scale and will even let your non KI in w/o its front end scoop. You may have 3 views I havent seen that differ. Im even good with Shawns plane missing parts. Im not after a scale event. But I am also very bold to reject something I feel has gone too far.

We are all here, I hope, to promote racing and cause others to want to race with us, in spite of the "old" stories that we have heard about the past.
I held off from the SAMS series for these reasons. But decided to try it any way and have been very pleased with the entire group and their professionalism and conduct. Their races are run great and the rules are perfectly set to encourage even stand off ARFS that are at least close to appearance.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:38 AM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We all need to be promoting this sport and this form of racing. I had a lot of idea I wanted to do and they got shot down. I was upset but once I was told why I can see it was a good decision. I just started racing warbirds last year and what i have seen so far is many clubs dont like other clubs. We can not be like this. we all are passionate about racing and if we want to continue to enjoy doing this we need to continue to promote the sport the hobby and the racing we love. like speed said if we start looking at this or that as to what a scale plane is then this will cause other to complain about something else. This will then force the CDs of a race to judge the plane before a race. This will take a lot of time. So lets say you work on two planes for 6 months getting ready for the race and come to a race only to be turned away because it isnt scale would you come and race again? We all are racing a clock so to me it doesn't matter to much on what they look like.

I do the Jason guy in here has a nice looking Ghost and always wanted to build one of those and I think it would be a great plane for the speed run.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:39 AM
Jimmy Skids
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PLANEBENDER
Hi Guys and Gals, Well we got home last night at 9 PM to a much cooler town. I would like to personally thank each and every person involved with the running of the "Fly'n Ash Fast" Race. THANK YOU!!!! You guys are awesome. It's hard enough to fly these planes with great weather conditions let alone 105+ deg temps. We all got through it OK and drank gallons of water. The competition was very tough in the Gold class this year as it seemed guys brought there "A" Game. I'm not exactly sure what that place has against me but every time I show up my retracts decide NOT to work and give me fits. I was very proud of my long time friend JR seeing him race gold with his very own scratch built P-39. IT WAS AWESOME combined with the top notch flying he produces, He will be a tough draw in Gold.
Also I was very happy to see my Bud Steve Stokes get his first ever SAM Warbird Win in the Bronze class. It was our intention to fly Silver but after testing at the SAM field we decided the little YS-70 was better off slowing down and running Bronze and it sure paid off!

If you have never attended the Fly'n Ash Fast Race I really suggest you go. The people are great and just like the SAM people they Really care. Really sorry to see Tim "Bushman" and Jimmy "Skids" loose planes. Sorry Guys.

Dave
Dave,
Your plane looked great as always and I was glad to see you and JR do so well this year. I was a bit bummed by the loss of my P51 Precious Metal, but it served me well for many years. JR and I were dicing it out and either I experienced a high speed stall or bad air off his plane... we were so close together either thing could of happened. The after crash reading on the telemetry had the planes top speed at 155 MPH. It was definitely the highest speed I recorded during the whole weekend so I know that it was moving.

I would also like to thank Loren and the rest of the Ash Creek Flyers for putting on the event.
Jim
Old 06-29-2015, 12:47 PM
Aannett69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where is the scoop on the side of the cowl...just saying.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:55 PM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lets drop this scoop thing. this isnt good for our racing. we can not take this racing down this path. very few if any our planes will match a 2 or 3 view of the original plane. if you look a plane and cant figure it out and you ask them what it is and they tell you and then you say oh I see then its good enough to me.

Remember we all are great pilots and need to be ambassadors of the sport and continue to promote this hobby of ours. All this bickering about planes the rules and clubs arguing isnt doing this.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:16 PM
Trashman88

I am working on the points for the year. I am planning to have it completed by the middle to end of the week as it is a slow process to check and recheck every time and points for a race. I will post on here when it is completed and uploaded to the website.

I like to say Thank You to Loren and his gang for a putting a race on and dealing with such Hot weather. You guys are great to hang out with and race with. Bottom line is you are all great friends. Thanks again for putting in this 2 day Warbird Race.

I had a blast racing gold for the first time since the 90's. What a change since then. Back then it was called SWRA Racing.

It was great to race top notch gold pilots. Racing Dave, Skids, Gooch, Speed and so many others really gets the blood flowing and what a rush!!!!!! I just wish I went to Gold along time ago.

Sorry to see some of the planes go down.

Well break time is over, need to get back to the points.

JR
Old 06-29-2015, 08:18 PM
Trashman88

Originally Posted by airraptor
Lets drop this scoop thing. this isnt good for our racing. we can not take this racing down this path. very few if any our planes will match a 2 or 3 view of the original plane. if you look a plane and cant figure it out and you ask them what it is and they tell you and then you say oh I see then its good enough to me.

Remember we all are great pilots and need to be ambassadors of the sport and continue to promote this hobby of ours. All this bickering about planes the rules and clubs arguing isnt doing this.
Said perfectly Jeff!!!!!
Old 06-30-2015, 06:11 PM
Trashman88

The points are posted on the website.

http://www.sacramento-rc-flyers.org/...standings.html